Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Oh how I scoffed at those pathetic pregnant women who cop out of everything and blub all the time......

(13 Posts)
MadreInglese Thu 23-Dec-10 11:32:26

....and here I am joining the ranks!

After such an easy first pregnancy this one has really floored me. I'm 17 weeks and have the lovely hyperemesis which has just wiped me out and I've had to cancel so many things I would have normally done.

I'd just about got used to dealing with the constant throwing up and ridiculous tiredness until a day like today comes along.

We're looking after BIL's cat until he can rehome her (which better be soon!) but he failed to mention that she's not really a very nice cat, and as she's unhappy living with our two boy cats she's taken to pissing wherever she fancies. This morning she pissed in my walking boots angry sad which I didn't notice until I put them on <bleurgh>

I went and washed my feet and put alternatives on (with no grip so I skidded all over like an idiot) and out we went to the car, which DP had kindly de-iced for me before he left. Only his version of de-icing was to chuck a load of warm water over the car, which of course froze an inch thick straight away. So I was much later than I had anticipated getting to work.

I get here and my hyper colleague is playing her christmas album full blast, and I just feel like I could either punch someone or sit here and cry for an hour <pathetic>

Anyone else also having a shite day who wants to come and moan along with me? <weary smile>

Deliaskis Thu 23-Dec-10 11:46:50

Oh dear Madre, sounds like you're having a bit of a day of it.

I'm not having a cr@p day today, on account of finally having some time off work, but I wanted to sympathise with you as I have had my share of rubbish days. When you just want to cry, sometimes for good reason, other times for no reason at all, and when everything just seems too much, and nobody seems to get what you're going through. Sometimes even other mothers or recently pregnant people can be completely unhelpful, saying things like 'tired, until you have the baby crying all night blah blah blah you don't know what tired is'. It might be true, but why anyone thinks this is a good thing to say to somebody at the end of their tether is beyond me!

So this is really a completely unhelpful post, but I just wanted to say, you're not alone, everybody goes through it, probably even those who pretend to be breezing through without a care in the world. Our hormones are on a roller-coaster ride during pregnancy and they have a lot to answer for!

Hope you are getting some time off work over Christmas and will get a much deserved rest.

Dx

FindingAManger Thu 23-Dec-10 11:47:21

we are playing Christmas songs here too (last day in office). Try singing along loudly with them - singing is great therapy & it's hard to sing Xmas songs and remain miserable.

Hope your day gets better & you can relax a little & enjoy Christmas.

MadreInglese Thu 23-Dec-10 11:50:50

Thanks delia, I work tomorrow morning but am then off till 4th Jan - can't wait!!

I do think it's that pre-holiday build up that's stressing me out, when you know you're going to have some time off but you're not quite there yet, IYKWIM

MadreInglese Thu 23-Dec-10 11:51:44

FindingaManger - lovely idea but sorry I'm far too grumpy today to be singing along to anthing apart from perhaps a bit of Alanis Morissette or Prodigy wink

snowangels1 Thu 23-Dec-10 11:55:21

I feel your pain. Sounds like you're having a rubbish day, and, btw, my DH insists on de-icing the car in the same way - maybe it's a man thing?!

I've had nausea throughout pg (am now 31 weeks) and in first trimester it was so bad I was pretty much bed ridden and barely left the house in 3 months (some days I couldn't even make it into the garden) and added to this I have a phobia of being sick. I've pretty much been signed off work my entire pg. Also never lost the tiredness, haven't managed a trip out of the house for longer than 4 hours in 6 months as it leaves me feeling so ill/shattered; have bad back; haven't slept through the night since bfp; am a moody old woman who crys several times every day; have put on a shed load of weight from having to eat all the time to help the nausea; have feet and hands so swollen my shoes don't fit and now have high blood pressure.

And to top it all off we are moving house in the next week.

I usually love christmas but I'm not really feeling at all festive this year and tbh would rather sleep through until next year as I don't have the energy to be sociable with anyone.

And it's the people who breeze through pg who give you the least understanding looks as they can't understand how rubbish I've been and think if they were fine then I should be too.

snowangels1 Thu 23-Dec-10 11:57:11

awww, what a lovely post from the lovely delia <waves to d>. I feel like a big misery guts with my post now confused.

MadreInglese Thu 23-Dec-10 11:57:25

Oh snowangels that sounds really really crappy for you. Have you plenty of help for your house move? What a time to be doing it!

MadreInglese Thu 23-Dec-10 11:58:50

misery guts and happy bunnies all welcome on this thread! grin

LowLevelBahHumbug Thu 23-Dec-10 11:59:52

Oh god FindingAManger, "it's hard to sing Xmas songs and remain miserable" watch out, if OP doesn't punch you, I might smile

snowangels1 Thu 23-Dec-10 12:00:41

DH and our family should be doing it all, I'm planning on hiding in a corner until it's over. Just trying to pack a few light bits today - have been banned from doing so but just can't resist - I'm a complete control freak and the thought of DH organising the move is very shock as he's not exactly the most organised of sorts - I think it's actually harder not being in control and not doing anhything than if I was non pg and doing it all myself.

Nearly hols now madre..just count down the minutes

snowangels1 Thu 23-Dec-10 12:02:26

I was listening to a christmas album the other day to cheer me up and it made me cry with my pg hormones at the emotion of the song hmm confused wink shock

MadreInglese Thu 23-Dec-10 12:23:58

oh I know exactly what you mean <fellow control freak>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: