Talk

Advanced search

Not looking forward to Christmas.[sad]

(11 Posts)
pinkclouds Thu 23-Dec-10 11:30:15

I wondered if it was just me or if anyone else out there is feeling the same. I am so sick from the minute I wake up till last thing at night I just can't enjoy anything!

I am 8weeks +5 with my 4DC. I have been ill with all of them but think I must block out just how bad it is!!! hmm

I really want to be able to enjoy watching the kids open there presents and enjoy a lovely dinner. The thought of it is lovely but I know in reality I will vomit at the sight of it.

Just wondered if anyone else was feeling the same way. Moan over, sorry.

missmehalia Thu 23-Dec-10 11:36:23

Was very, very similar when pg with DD2. I knew how very lucky I was, lovely husband, pregnant, roof over our head, etc. But just couldn't possibly engage with the joy I thought I was supposed to be feeling.

I don't think anyone really knows (other than females) about how much the endocrine system has to answer for one's constant mental and physical state. I was utterly horrified about the difficult and dark state I constantly felt in (nausea, insomnia, almost constant inability to smile..) I felt really guilty for it but also totally unable to change it. It went on its own, thankfully.

This will pass! Just let yourself do what you need to, delegate anything you don't want to do and look after yourself.

redundant Thu 23-Dec-10 12:08:53

yep, I'm with you - am feeling ridiculously sorry for myself. Meant to have my brother arriving tomorrow and then be travelling down 2 hours to my mums. Don't even know if I'll manage the journey at the moment.
Presents not wrapped, house a mess, bleurghhh....
I too normally love Christmas, and am so disappointed I'm not going to be able to enjoy it. Bah humbug!
Feel better now!

FrostyPhlebas Thu 23-Dec-10 12:48:11

I'm 12+5 with #4, dh is working over a lot of the Christmas period. My 4yo & 19mo are both up & down all night, my 10yo has had some sort of pre-teen diva personality transplant. I am constantly sick & so exhausted I want to curl up & die. I haven't finished the Christmas shopping & the list of to do jobs is getting longer by the day.

I'm too exhausted to cry or I would.

PaigeTurner Thu 23-Dec-10 13:08:28

Pah, Christmas is a PITA!

I'm avoiding it this year by being in hospital after my cs tomorrow grin

FrostyPhlebas Thu 23-Dec-10 14:09:55

woo hoo! PaigeTurner how exciting

Hope it all goes smoothly; I've had one okay emcs & 2 fabulous electives

PaigeTurner Thu 23-Dec-10 14:22:19

Thanks Frosty - hope your day isn't too fraught!

RockLovesMincePies Fri 24-Dec-10 10:56:44

I've woken up today feeling blardy awful. Nauseaous, gurgly stomach and very tired due to rubbish night's sleep. I'm 35 weeks along and I must have bypassed the blooming stage!

I was hoping my body would give me a break for a couple of days over Christmas so I could enjoy it all, but no. And we are expecting our first guest to arrive this afternoon and we have various friends popping over.

I just want to go back to bed and hibernate. Isn't pregnancy great?

websticks Fri 24-Dec-10 11:43:13

I am 40+2 today and feeling really sorry for myself. Got a really bad cold and been awake half the night cant get into christmas mood at all. Also cross with myself as thought i would have had baby by now (had last one at 37 weeks) so stupidly convinced myself this one would be early too. So disapointed that i wont have my baby tomorrow, and still be fat and pregnant lol. Then i feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself as i am so lucky to be having a baby in the first place. (2 of my close friends cant have children)
Oh well feel slightly better now after having a rant!
Hope everyone with morning sickness gets a break from it tomorrow and has a good day

=

RockLovesMincePies Fri 24-Dec-10 12:19:21

Crying now because I feel so awful. I hope this is just pregnancy related and I'm not coming down with a bug.

I hate feeling like this.

Murrka Fri 24-Dec-10 12:52:23

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and feeling awful, sick and sleepy. Glad I took holiday over Christmas period. I hope this will be over, as I was told I would feel better after 12 weeks. Looking forward to that. Any way - Merry Christmas mummies !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now