Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

baby pressing on bladder at night?

(5 Posts)
sotough Thu 23-Dec-10 10:51:37

I'm 36 weeks and sleep has become a real nightmare, as baby seems to press on my bladder at night, meaning i constantly feel as if i need the loo. The last two nights i've lain awake till 3am, going to the bathroom every 40mins or so. has anyone else experienced this so badly, and is there anything you can do to 'shift' the baby when it does this? mine only seems to do it at night, which is the worst possible time! i feel exhausted and desperate. No need to remind me that it's 'preparation' for after baby is born = i've been through this before so know just what's in store in terms of sleepless nights!

Tarlia Thu 23-Dec-10 12:09:54

Poor you . No advice I'm afraid, but I hope someone come with some soon!

My baby has been head down for the last 3 weeks now and I often get a sudden urge for the loo but if I wait a few minutes it goes, this is especially when I stand up from sitting, but also at random times- as if baby snuggles down.

nomoreheels Thu 23-Dec-10 12:24:36

I am only 16 weeks but I am going through a phase where I seem to need a wee what feels like every 15 - 30 minutes. However when I go, it's just a trickle which is annoying! Is this the case for you?

I discovered, however, that if you sit it out a bit, the feeling can pass. This was when I was in a busy bar (having lime and soda, of course) last week at an xmas do, and was stuck in the corner for a while unable to get to the toilets. I tried to focus on chatting to my friend, and I suddenly realised it had passed and was able to leave it for a while until it was less busy.

It's uncomfortable feeling like you need the loo but if you focus on the fact that you don't really need one just then, if that is the case, and that it's just the sensation from the baby pressing, maybe you will be able to fall back asleep for longer periods of time.

Don't drink in the evening either, this is meant to help.

RockLovesMincePies Thu 23-Dec-10 13:09:33

Urgh Sotough, I feel your pain. I am 35 weeks and baby is head down and "tucked into your pelvis" according to mw. So I have his head compressing my bladder most of the time.

I am up every 1.5 hrs through the night and during the day I get horrid discomfort in my bladder when he moves. I also have the have to go to the loo NOW syndrome, luckily i haven't leaked yet, but feel it's a distinct possibilty.

I really don't know what to suggest as I don't know how to shift baby off my bladder, so I'm just attempting to grin and bear it, but it is a bit grim.

You have my sympathy.

Pinetreeland Thu 23-Dec-10 16:08:43

I am at 32+1 and have that feeling quite a few times now. Especially when i stand up from having just been to the tiolet I feel like I need to go again.

I tried pushing the baby up but that doesn't seem to help. But after a while the feeling does subside.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: