Talk

Advanced search

Fat Face - literally

(6 Posts)
Nightstar Tue 21-Dec-10 22:19:55

My face is getting fatter! I'm too early to be showing much, yet my face is ballooning, now have a double chin and a wider neck. WTF?

deleting Tue 21-Dec-10 22:22:20

i would get it checked out. could be a symptom of pre-eclampsia. Could also just be normal.

Scouseem Wed 22-Dec-10 07:47:03

I think its normal because I lost weight but my face looked bigger an I read once that at the beginning your face can look puffy.

Violet5 Wed 22-Dec-10 08:51:38

weight or fluid retention always shows on my face first sad
though i would mention it to midwife as you should always tell midwife about any puffiness or swelling you might have just to be on the safe side as deleting said smile

lilly13 Wed 22-Dec-10 08:59:20

it might be just water retention. i am 20 weeks and mine looks much fuller already. i retained a lot of water during the 1st weeks of pregnancy, though. it did get better after a while. try to stay away from salty and sugary foods. if you practice yoga, do inversion postures - really helped me.

GlitteryBalls Wed 22-Dec-10 22:58:52

I look like a cross between Jabba the Hut and Slimer out of Ghostbusters. I have read that it is normal to put on weight particularly around your face in pg. It sucks I know, but I think it is normal unfortunately. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now