Talk

Advanced search

Sleep at term... help!

(2 Posts)
sparklyrainbow Mon 20-Dec-10 10:40:45

I'm 38+4 and really struggling to sleep now because I can't get comfortable at all. Have ended up in a tearful frustrated hormonal state the last couple of nights and feeling guilty as DH has to go to work. I am fed up with hips aching (a lot), not being able to breathe properly (despite baby being engaged), lower back pain and as soon as I lie down a round of braxton hicks (and baby wiggling, but that's ok )

I have tried hot drinks, warm bath/shower -usual bedtime sleep inducing stuff- going to bed early-ish to try to find a comfy position, going to bed ridiculously late so I just collapse (worked once), and I get up after a bit and do something else if I'm really struggling but it's the physical discomfort that's the real problem.

Have various unsuccessful pillows/sleeping on duvet configurations and nothing seems to help. Hot water bottle helps when back is sore as does paracetamol, but I don't want to take paracetamol every night for the next potential 3 weeks! Sofa is a no-go as our only loo is upstairs and I can't manage those very well. Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference whether DH is there or not, he's tried leaving me to it but that's been as bad (and I've had no-one to retrieve pillows that fall out of bed). Tried sleeping upright last night but now just have a very painful neck/shoulder to show for it

Any suggestions- I just want this baby out, but think he's seen sense and doesn't fancy daytime temperatures of -7C!

websticks Mon 20-Dec-10 11:21:47

I am 39+5 and i feel your pain! Slept for a total of 3 hours last night in half an hour slots. Then i spend all day tired and grumpy.

Sorry have no advice although it does get your body ready for getting up with a newborn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now