Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anybdy got their 12 wk scan in new year?

(16 Posts)
Nicplus1and1baking Sun 19-Dec-10 20:31:07

I have mine on the 4th jan @ 8.30 am so glad its early on i dont have to wait the whole day lol

Am really nervous anxious this time round for some reason ( DC2 )

stottiecake Sun 19-Dec-10 20:59:51

Me too! 6th January. It is dc2 also.

I think I'm anxious as I am older (37) and don't quite believe I could possibly be able to grow a little human being twice!!

Good luck! Would love to hear how you get on smile

Nicplus1and1baking Sun 19-Dec-10 21:22:23

Hi stottie

Am just glad xmas will be a distraction lol

Yeah def and you to, how old your dc1

I have DD who has just turned 2 smile

tea4tw0 Mon 20-Dec-10 10:32:36

I'm having mine the 6th Jan and yes Crimbo, my B'day and the New Year should be enough of a distraction to get there. I'll be 42 and it's my 1st

witches Mon 20-Dec-10 12:10:59

Iv nt got a date yet kind of expecting it to be mid January. It's my first and very excited/nervous really hoping everything will be ok! would love to hear from all you ladies at same stage. How are you keeping so far? grin

Laura05 Mon 20-Dec-10 15:19:09

hi i'll be due my scan mid january i think and im a bit anxious/impatient as ive still got a couple of weeks before my midwife will get in touch. Does anyone else feel like they are just pretending to be pregnant? I have this horrible feeling that i'll go for a scan and they'll be nothing there! No reason why i'm thinking this lol i guess i just want proper confirmation smile

chaosisawayoflife Mon 20-Dec-10 17:02:48

I've got mine on new years eve. Also 2nd dc and trying not to worry too much but it's inevitable. Also will be telling people about the pregnancy over xmas and feel very strange doing that before the scan.

stottiecake Mon 20-Dec-10 19:53:20

My ds turned 2 in November!

Laura - I feel the same - it doesn't feel real! I also keep thinking there will be nothing there - it's quite worrying!!

So glad we have Christmas to distract!

Am doing ok - sickness on and off. Hate the queasiness then panic when it goes!

missnevermind Mon 20-Dec-10 19:59:43

Glad its not just me. I have mine on the 12th, appt only arrived this morning. But nobody has checked I am really pregnant so what if I am 'empty' when they do the scan grin
Mind you it is my 4th and the morning sickness has been a real shocker!

Vix286 Mon 20-Dec-10 21:13:50

I am really glad it isn't just me either, I should get an idea of when my scan is on Wednesday.

I will be pleased to know but I am worried there won't be anything in there as sickness comes and goes and don't really "feel" pg.

DH won't tell anyone else (we told parents and sisters) until after scan and I am getting so fed up of not being able to talk about it!

BeautifulBlondePineapple Tue 21-Dec-10 11:12:41

Mine is on Jan 5th and it's all I can think about! I'll be over 13 weeks by then so I feel like I've just been waiting and waiting to get it all confirmed.

I've told family and very close friends, but I'm dying to find out if everything is OK so I can tell everyone.

I really hoped I would get my scan before Christmas so I could tell everyone before the office party, but had to just pretend to be drinking. Think I got away with it....

joyandherboys Tue 21-Dec-10 18:37:46

Hi i'm new on here god my scan 5th jan feel very scared as i have had problems with this little. This is my 3rd so i should be more confident but i'm more scared. Hope everyones goes ok x

nicolamumof3 Tue 21-Dec-10 20:20:32

yes should have mine first week of jan, but called hospital today and midwife hasn't referred me..great more chasing around to do!!

witches Tue 21-Dec-10 21:05:45

Had my booking appointment today and been told will be 14wks before Scan thats AGES away! v disapointed still got 6to go before can see little baba sad

Dynababy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:20:48

Mine is 5th of Jan can't wait!!

AJH2007 Tue 21-Dec-10 21:56:24

I had my booking appointment today and have bloods on the 6th Jan and the nuchal scan on the 9th. We want to tell our families on Christmas Day, so I'm having a private 'dating' scan tmrw. It won't give us the all clear that everything is ok, but at least we'll know if there's a heartbeat. I couldn't keep it quiet anyway when staying with family as have terrible nausea all day. Seriously doubt whether I can eat Christmas Dinner!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: