Talk

Advanced search

baby mattress

(5 Posts)
giraffeshatewinter Sat 18-Dec-10 16:12:25

agh, there's too much choice, so I thought I'd ask you ladies - which cot mattress do you recommend? All I know i I want 120x60x10, and not purely made of foam. Is there anything else important I should be looking for? The John Lewis premium foam/sprung combo, or their coil sprung one are two main contenders so far... THANKS!

lucy101 Sat 18-Dec-10 16:43:37

I just bought one from these people and am very pleased indeed - a great price and good quality and arrived in just a few days (which is amazing right now).

I also ordered a custom size and it was only £10 extra. I definitely didn't want all foam/synthetic and researched the best kind of mattress and looked at loads:

www.cotmattressfactory.co.uk/coir-cot-mattress.htm l

here is their sprung one too:

www.cotmattressfactory.co.uk/sprung-coir-cot-mattr ess.html

faverolles Sat 18-Dec-10 17:18:38

Have a look on eBay as well.
We decided on the sort that we wanted, then found it (brand new) on eBay for less than half the rrp.

everybodysang Sat 18-Dec-10 17:41:15

we got ours from, I think, babymattresses online, got a wool /coir sprung one with a bamboo cover and it's so lovely, feels wonderful and looks brilliant. Went with them because they custom make their mattresses and we have a slightly unusual cot with bowed ends, but also their prices were competitive. Anyway, DPs parents offered to pay for the mattress as their present to the baby and were keen to go for a wool one as that's what they got for the other grandkids and they've all been very happy with them.

Very pleased with their service and the mattress, though I imagine John Lewis would be pretty good too.

janedoe25 Sun 19-Dec-10 12:31:02

I got a sprung/foam combo from Kiddicare, it has excellent reviews and was only £50!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now