Talk

Advanced search

night away in hotel at 36 weeks...would you?

(20 Posts)
edinburghmama2b Sat 18-Dec-10 15:57:58

Been given an early christmas gift of a night away in beautiful castle in scotland but could not get any suitable dates until february, by which I will be 36 weeks pregnant. Would you go ahead and book or will I be too heavy and grumpy to enjoy it? Gift valid for 6 months but can't imagine doing it after baby arrives!

moondog Sat 18-Dec-10 15:58:58

No.

Rindercella Sat 18-Dec-10 16:00:31

How far away from home would you be? I probably would, tbh but only if it was within an hour or two's drive.

donteatthat Sat 18-Dec-10 16:02:45

I went away for a night at around that time, I was feeling fine but took my hospital bag and notes just in case... And the hotel wasn't too far away, I wouldn't have felt like a long car journey as I had terrible backached.

If it's not too far away I would book it, you can usually cancel hotel bookings with 24 hour notice so just see how you are feeling nearer the time and ask them to call you if any earlier cancellations come up (or keep calling and checking)

It would be lovely to have a night away before the baby arrives if you're feeling well and up for it. Enjoy!

edinburghmama2b Sat 18-Dec-10 16:04:13

castle is an hour drive from home, thought their spa/heated pool maybe a light relief from heavy bump and might help me to relax. starting maternity leave same week.

edinburghmama2b Sat 18-Dec-10 16:04:54

thanks ladies

HippyChristmaspotamus Sat 18-Dec-10 16:05:00

yes, why not?

cece Sat 18-Dec-10 16:05:43

If it is only an hour away then 100% YES. Do it, as you you won't be able to for a very long time. LOL

Wish I had done something like that before my first one arrived.

HippyChristmaspotamus Sat 18-Dec-10 16:05:57

you need to be careful with hot spas though....

Rindercella Sat 18-Dec-10 16:08:08

Yes, yes, yes. Then I would go and make the most of it!

Take your bag and notes.

Btw, one of the nicest hotel stays I have had was when DD1 was 9 weeks old. She was as good as gold and it was a heavenly break for me after the state of extreme shock I had been in for the previous 2 months!

But I would still prefer to go before the baby than after.

edinburghmama2b Sat 18-Dec-10 16:09:41

Hippy, I just didn't want to waste such a nice gift if I thought I would be feeling uncomfortable and grumpy! I feel great at moment but as a first timer I don't know what lies ahead, so was hoping you experienced gals would give me an idea of what is possible later on in pregnancy!

HippyChristmaspotamus Sat 18-Dec-10 16:13:26

ah ha, i see! i'm sitting here with 2 dcs 'helping' me type and dream of spending a night in luxury! it would be wasted on me now though, i'd spend the whole time catching up on sleep smile

donteatthat Sat 18-Dec-10 16:14:23

if it's only an hour away - go for it! sounds lovely and yes you'll appreciate the swimming pool, I loved it when I was that pregnant, so lovely to feel weightless!

paarrp Sat 18-Dec-10 16:16:28

hell yes - especially as you will be celebrating the start of your maternity leave - enjoy

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Sat 18-Dec-10 16:16:29

Enjoy. Yes, deffo.

edinburghmama2b Sat 18-Dec-10 16:19:36

Booked it but hoping to get an earlier cancellation. Thanks for your help!

MumNWLondon Sat 18-Dec-10 22:28:08

if only an hour from home then lovely.

FWIW I went to Liverpool (from London) by myself by train for overnight stay at 36 weeks so I am not a good person to ask!

sotough Sat 18-Dec-10 22:37:55

wouldn't think twice about it. you'll probably at least a month away from giving birth! no point sitting around waiting for something to happen.
i'm 36 weeks right now and neither particularly heavy nor unsually grumpy, and i'd jump at the chance of staying in a lovely hotel for a night. having said that your DP should be prepared for you to be getting up ten times in the night to go to the loo!

shinyshoesandglitterypoos Sat 18-Dec-10 22:39:18

Yes of course you should.

pigleychez Sat 18-Dec-10 22:44:37

An hour away is fine.

At 36 weeks I travelled 4 hours drive to a friends wedding. DH was bestman so couldn't not go really.
We also had DD1 who was 20 mths. Was a very long a busy and knackering day but well worth it.
Had my bags and notes and carseat in car with us just in case.

The spa sounds fab. At 33 weeks I went to the Hen weekend 4 hours away for a spa weekend which was bliss!
Staying in a remote cottage on the moors was abit scary though. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now