Talk

Advanced search

Bloody cold just wont go now have a cough

(8 Posts)
emmywoo Fri 17-Dec-10 16:57:20

Hi All,

I have a stinking cold which I can cope with but now it has turned into a really annoying tickly cough which is driving me mad. Just been to pharmacy to see if anything I can take the woman just said "tuff", great.
Any suggestions as not sleeping and keep thinking I am going to cough by "bean" out!!!
xxx

Nelly09 Fri 17-Dec-10 17:18:11

Try some camomile tea (herbal), slice up lemon and squeeze them in and let them float in it too and then add honey. I have the same as you and this is really helping me - so soothing!

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Fri 17-Dec-10 18:53:10

I can really sypathise with you. I got a hideous cold when I was only 5 weeks and it seemed to linger for ages ending with an awful cough to the point I thought I was going to cough up the bean too! grin Everyone at work got it, but I was the only wuss who really suffered. I had to take a couple of days off work once the cold subsided a I was absolutley flattened. Obviously, no-one at work knew why I was suffering with the cold more than anyone else! I also drank hot lemon which I pretended was lemsip - full of loads of drugs that would make me feel better Take care and I hope you get better soon.

emmywoo Fri 17-Dec-10 19:07:28

What drugs did you take if any. The woman at the pharmacy was so vile and said that there is nothing I can take. xxx

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Fri 17-Dec-10 21:21:02

I have a horrible cold/cough. How far along are you? I have been medicating with hot honey and lemon, lockets and lots of chocolate. The last two nights I have had a hot toddy before bed with a small dash of whisky (shock) to help me sleep. But it is hell, and no doctor or pharmacist has been able to prescribe me anything (this is what feels like my fiftieth cold since being pregnant - I'm 34 weeks). There really isn't anything for it. Just make sure you get enough fluids and stay warm. Feel better soon.

ReshapeWhileDamp Fri 17-Dec-10 21:26:07

Onions slowly stewed in honey, and then drain the juice off, and drink it. Apparently. grin

Cough meds don't work, anyway. Not sure it'll make you feel better. Drink nice warm drinks (not too hot) - try that 'hot squash' like spiced berry, always makes me feel better when I'm ill. Or try a hot lemon and honey toddy with the most minute amount of whisky - won't harm you or the baby and will taste good and medicinal! grin

chester21 Fri 17-Dec-10 23:34:32

i feel for u as i am also suffering from that cold from hell i am drinking warm ribena with lenon and honey and am taking 1 paracetamol every other day or so. This is the first cold that has floored me i even took 4 days off work which i never do. I hope u feel better soon.

LittlePushka Fri 17-Dec-10 23:45:31

I had one for 16 weeks solid with my first... but when i got another after baby was born I was necking every bloomin' over the counter remedy I could lay my snotty hands on!! T'was great.

Good luck sniffles!!wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now