Talk

Advanced search

One Born Every Minute - Christmas Special

(31 Posts)
duke748 Wed 15-Dec-10 23:26:37

I thought some of you ladies might be interested to hear that the TV show 'One Born Every Minute' is on over Christmas.

www.channel4.com/programmes/one-born-at-christmas

I have rewatched all of this series since becoming pregnant, and little one is due on Christmas Day, so I'll be glued to this.

I haven't told the other half yet that that is what we'll be doing for most of Christmas - watching others give birth on telly, then hopefully doing it ourselves! smile

PipPipPip Wed 15-Dec-10 23:42:43

I loved One Born Every Minute! Thanks for the heads-up. Good luck for your big day.

theevildead2 Thu 16-Dec-10 04:39:57

I haven't told the other half yet that that is what we'll be doing for most of Christmas watching others give birth on telly, then hopefully doing it ourselves

Well.. I do hope you at least told him about the second half of your xmas plans! grin

OnEdge Thu 16-Dec-10 05:15:45

i still remember that twat with the rubber gloves shock

PaigeTurner Thu 16-Dec-10 10:28:32

Oh him - my mum goes on about him all the time!

LittleB Thu 16-Dec-10 10:33:45

Brilliant, will be watching/recording this, my baby is due Boxing Day!

Cyclebump Thu 16-Dec-10 10:35:56

I'm not due til April and wasn't pg when it was first on but LOVED the series. I'll definitely be watching it!

BootyMum Thu 16-Dec-10 11:51:21

Loved loved loved this show! Thanks for letting us know - I will definitely be watching this on Christmas Eve. Have baby due beginning February so very appropriate Christmas viewing!

I also remember the idiot with the gloves - God he was irritating and insensitive!

ZippyPippy Thu 16-Dec-10 14:05:34

oooo thanks duke, I'll be watching this. Am sure DH will be delighted too grin

What about rubber glove man locking her in the toilet!? Awful!!

gateacre1 Thu 16-Dec-10 14:25:36

Its funny I swear yesterday that when I was walking to my midwife appt yesterday at st thomas's London that I passed the lovely m/w from the series on the street!!

herbietea Thu 16-Dec-10 14:30:32

Message withdrawn

Shelbee Thu 16-Dec-10 16:10:51

Is it just me that can't watch this? I used to turn it over before I got pregnant and know that I absolutely wouldnt be able to watch it now. Hmmmm, I think I am only just realising the extent of my birth fears...!

DylthanThroughTheSnow Thu 16-Dec-10 16:18:34

Ds was born Christmas day grin it really is a magical day to give birth.

Sorry that sounds really corny blush

Lulumaam Thu 16-Dec-10 16:19:16

I love this series !!! thanks for the heads up !

Louii Thu 16-Dec-10 16:21:52

LOVED this series, was pregnant when it was on.

thefurryone Fri 17-Dec-10 10:02:11

shelbe when i first found out i was pregnant there was a series called special deliveries on tv that was set in the maternity unit where I'll be giving birth. I made myself watch it and despite crying through every episode and feeling totally freaked out at the time I'm so glad I did watch as I now feel a lot less daunted as it feels a bit less like I'm heading into the unknown.

smoggii Fri 17-Dec-10 12:26:50

Does anyone know where i can watch the series is it on you tube or anything, i've looked but can't find it. I missed it when it first aired.

DylthanThroughTheSnow Fri 17-Dec-10 15:56:03

Its a channel 4 programe smoggi so I imagine it would be on 4od. I think watching these sorts of programes do help prepare you mentally for the birth of your baby. In the "olden" days you probably would of seen your mum/aunt/sister give birth so you would of known what to expect. I don't think reading a book can compare to seeing an actual woman give birth especially when you see how everything is ok when they hand her the baby.

Parker23 Fri 17-Dec-10 17:02:11

It's here on 4OD smoggii

I was just about to watch the 1st episode again until I realised it was the one with that idiot in the rubber glove!! What a w*nk@er!!

Mind you, she was a total wet blanket too! She just let him act like that and kept apologizing!! Bonkers!

Anyway, I loved the series too. Can't wait to watch the Christmas episode! That is unless I'm in Triage already! (Due Jan 3rd)

JimmyChoo17 Fri 17-Dec-10 21:01:50

loved this series! Have just seen it advertised. Thank goodness for sky plus!!!!

Hated the idiot with the gloves locking his equally as bizarre wife in the toilet whilst she was in labour whilst their cringing son had a look at her fanjo???? Odd.

This might sound morbid but does anywhere show the second part with the placenta?

I am 9weeks4 with my first and keep hearing u push that out too but it's never featured in these programmes!

Or is it an easy process?

IAmReallyFabNow Fri 17-Dec-10 21:11:17

Thanks for this. I hadn't realised it was on again. I love it. I wonder how Shelby is?

JimmyChoo17 Fri 17-Dec-10 21:14:03

oh yeah I remember that one. Cried. A lot!

DylthanThroughTheSnow Fri 17-Dec-10 21:18:45

Hello Jimmychoo17 I haven't seen you since you were about to go for a progress scan round about your birthday. How did it go?

The placenta coming out is a fairly easy part especially after a fully grown baby has just been squeezed out of there grin

I barely noticed it (was to busy gazing on wonder at my beautiful baby both times) it was just one more contraction and push while the midwife pulled it out. I did give a quick look up and was a bit shock at the size of it but I hardly felt it.

JimmyChoo17 Fri 17-Dec-10 21:26:14

no one seems to mention it so have assumed the medical ppl deal with it whilst u meet baby.

I had a scan at 5 and 7 weeks all k but I wanted another past 9 weeks as I go away soon and never made it this far......I had that last night and my gorgeous little bean is making some serious shapes in there!had to pay for private scan but so pleased to hear me little bubs heartbeat. Have been dated 3 days behind previous date so am 9 weeks 4 days. Very very happy!! hopefully it will all continue fine and I'll be worrying about bumps and birth smile

smoggii Fri 17-Dec-10 21:33:13

Thank you Parker and Dylthan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now