Talk

Advanced search

hairdressers

(7 Posts)
sparklytoes Wed 15-Dec-10 18:13:28

Does anyone know what the advice is about colouring your hair?! I'm due at the hairdressers on Sat and was going to have my colour done (highlights), is that ok in pregnancy?!

MrsCratchit Wed 15-Dec-10 18:38:16

Hi there. It's one of those issues that people disagree on. My hairdresser died her hair through all three of her pregnancies, and I would- just haven't bothered..! I am pretty sure there is no scientific evidence to suggest you shouldn't. (I have a Masters in Development Disorders- but somebody may have seen a paper I've never read on this!).

FWIW my advice is if you really worry about these things, don't bother- you'll just stress yourself out. If you are of the school of thought that these things don't do any harm and will actually make you feel better- go for it (and have a small glass of bubbly whilst showing off your new hair wink!

Highlandgirl Wed 15-Dec-10 18:52:46

If getting your hair colored make you feel good, then go for it..! smile I have...!

TooImmature2BMum Wed 15-Dec-10 20:41:50

Personally, I would (have done home dye). I have heard that you're supposed to avoid hair dye in the first 12 weeks - I was told this by my sister's boyfriend when I was considering it, and he followed it up with a highly judgey "why would you take the risk?" angry I wanted to get it done just to spite him, but ran out of spare cash.

Teasie Wed 15-Dec-10 22:04:33

Highlights are fine! Gosh, with getting big and spotty, I couldn't do with roots as well! Highlights don't touch the scalp anyway

wigglesrock Wed 15-Dec-10 22:12:11

God am 31 weeks pregnant and due to get all the feckin' grey (where did they come from???) dyed out tomorrow. Am still suffering actual sickness, oh the joy of piles and dry skin and my personal favourite the beginning of insomnia. Getting my hair done is such a treat and couldn't recommend it highly enough grin

melwood Wed 15-Dec-10 22:47:53

Hi, I was wondering the same but it's totally fine for highlights as the dye doesn't even come into contact with your skin. It may be a different story if you were going for a full colour on your head, but foils are totally fine!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now