Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

A show or not a show? (TMI alert)

(8 Posts)
FloraPost Tue 14-Dec-10 07:33:19

I am 33+4 with my 1st. I have never been a very dischargey person and haven't been during PG either. This morning when I went to the loo there was maybe just over half a tablespoon of clear jelly-like (well, snot-like if we're honest) mucus on the paper, no blood in it. It must have, erm, emerged quite suddenly as I had only just got out of the shower.

Does this sound like a show to you? Or just a bit of gunge? blush

sparklyjewlz Tue 14-Dec-10 07:40:44

I think a show would be more pink.

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Tue 14-Dec-10 08:13:15

It's usually more pink than that - but I was the same with my first - it was very pale pink to the point of not being sure and spending half the day checking and staring at my pants!!

ursulabear Tue 14-Dec-10 15:07:31

i'm 33+4 also and end of last week i had the clear mucus u described with a tiny bit of blood in it, just the one episode. My CMW sent me to hospital neways, after a scan, swab and exam of down below, all was well, baby was fine and not in labour. maybe just something that happens round this time for some?!?

theevildead2 Tue 14-Dec-10 15:44:39

Ring yoru midwife to be sure, but when I called mine they said there should be blood in it. Not very nice though is it!

Lotta123 Tue 14-Dec-10 20:26:26

The midwife at the hospital told us it would look like a lot of snot. Sometimes there is blood.

FloraPost Tue 14-Dec-10 22:08:54

Thanks all, that is reassuring. It's too early for LO to make his entrance yet!

EenyMeenyMaya Wed 15-Dec-10 07:11:24

My show with DS1 was completely clear, no blood at all. Waters broke the following day....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: