Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

In agony! TMI Alert!!!!

(14 Posts)
ellesbelles79 Mon 13-Dec-10 19:42:10

Hi ladies
im 30 wks tomorrow and touch wood, I've not had any real problems so far...so maybe I should have known it couldnt last hmm

got back from work - took skirt etc off & went to loo....all of a sudden I realised i was rather itchy down there but i resisted scratching, went to the loo and then it cranked up several notches! I wanted to scratch my fanjo off!

I put some Balance Activ gel on it and it stang so much I wanted to cry....in fact i think I did cry! Normally it stings a little and then dies down & helps if you have a bit of an itch...but it got worse and worse like i was sitting in a pile of stinging nettles.

I waddled back to the bathroom & could barely touch it. I got a hot flannel...hurt like hell and was complete agony! Then tried about 4 cold flannels to try and remove the gel and honestly it feels like im on fire!

I braved checking it out in the mirror...and its absolutely huge! Like 3 times its normal ssize and really red raw inside...ive never seen something so horrid!

Im having to lie here on the sofa, legs akimbo...feels like I have a couple of quarter pounders between my legs and they are still frying!!

anyone had this? what can i do to ease it?

I've got my 30wk appt tomorrow so i can ask m/w then...but just hoping I can make it thru the night....OUCH!!! sad

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 13-Dec-10 19:44:44

What is it? Thrush? Varicose veins? An allergic reaction to something?

ellipse Mon 13-Dec-10 19:47:11

Urinary Tract Infection? Def go see a doctor - don't suffer in silence

ellesbelles79 Mon 13-Dec-10 19:50:33

well i dont think its thrush - no discharge or anything. Cant see any veins popping out but not really sure...would it be itchy and red if it was veins...or just swollen?

I was wearing tights today and its like maybe I've got a bit hot down there or something. I do have sensitive skin so it could just be that...but seriously it hurts so much and I cant believe how swollen my bits are. I just dont know what to do with myself tbh...

ellesbelles79 Mon 13-Dec-10 19:52:38

hmmm I hadnt thought of a UTI - when I saw doc 2 weeks ago he checked my urine for infections, protein, glucose etc & said I was all fine....but I guess these things can come one quickly.

thank goodness i see m/w tomorrow...although Im going to be hugely embarassed to whip it out...it looks that bad!

LDNlady Mon 13-Dec-10 19:55:25

Aw bless you. I hope it calms down for you so you can get some rest. I am a regular sufferer of thrush even when not pg but I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be right now. Fingers crossed they shed some light on it for you tomorrow. x

ellesbelles79 Mon 13-Dec-10 19:58:22

thanks so much ladies - nice to have some support during such un-glamourous times!

Prinpo Mon 13-Dec-10 20:09:10

If it's that bad, is it worth calling the out of hours doctor? If it's a urinary tract infection you can feel really crappy.

debka Mon 13-Dec-10 20:24:51

If it's swollen, maybe put some cold flannels on it, may help cool everything down.

sophielouise Mon 13-Dec-10 21:09:27

Hi there, I've had a similar itchy problem although not quite so severe as yours- the Dr said that there is increased blood flow down there during pregnancy which can lead to inflammation / itching etc. esp. when it gets hot. I think it's a bit like ecszma (sp?) he prescribed some mild steroid cream which is helping lots. I also recommend 100% cotton underwear and cold flannels also help when you can! You should also switch your showergel as that can irritate too. x hope it gets better soon x

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 13-Dec-10 21:14:39

if it is thrush, a bath with some tea tree oil in can help. Also teatree diluted in some olive oil and applied directly to the bits is very good. BUT I dont know if its okay to do this while pregnant.

chimchar Mon 13-Dec-10 21:18:49

i had this during pregnancy...it was thrush and was HELL! you have my full sympathy. i tried cooling it all down with a (still in its wrapper) ice pop. blush

get some canestan on it.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 13-Dec-10 22:23:31

Your bits do get hot and swollen especially in the later stages and if you havn't seen them for a while it can be quite a shock. It may also be worse due to thrush. I second using something cooling, also witch hazel from the chemist applied to a pad is very soothing but if it is thrush then you will need some cream too.

ellesbelles79 Wed 15-Dec-10 17:03:03

Thanks folks - I saw a consultant at my 30wk appt yesterday and she took a look for me!

She said the swelling was normal, the watery discharge was normal - and that it could just be the discharge & constant dampness down there adding to the irritation. She took a swab to be sure and i get the results next week...dont think she wants me taking antibiotics unless completely necessary.

She suggested i use vagisil to soothe the itch and numb the area - as its really swollen! Feels very odd and walking is quite tricky!

So I'll give the vagisil stuff a go & maybe also try bathing with some tea tree to be on safe side and help kill any germs that might be there...xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: