Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

metallic taste in the mouth!

(6 Posts)
tummytickler Mon 13-Dec-10 11:09:46

We are currently ttc and since yesterday I have had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. I have since read that this is a pg symptom, but I have never had it before in my previous pregnancies (I am also feeling a bit sicky and have 'full' feeling boobs,so fingers crossed for bfp!).
How many of you had a metallic taste in your mouth before your bfp? I am not due af until Saturday, so desperately trying to convince myself that I will get a bfp!

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 13-Dec-10 11:12:15

I got that taste every month when ttc, whether or not I got pg. I figured it had something to do with regular sperm intake confused. Your other symptoms sound more reliable though - good luck!!

EatingAngelPie Mon 13-Dec-10 11:20:28

Metallic taste is a symptom though everything tasting wrong is more of a symptom...

caz05 Mon 13-Dec-10 11:35:24

I had this matellic taste in my mouth before doing a positive pregnancy test. I dont remember having it with my previous pregnancy but did this time and apaprt from a late period this was the only other symptom I had. Fingers crossed for you

Dexterrocks Mon 13-Dec-10 11:40:09

It can be a sign of pregnancy but it can also be a sign of other hormonal disruptions too. I have a wonky thyroid and was in a flap several times when I was due and had a metallic taste in my mouth. Turns out it was just my thyroid acting up.
I did have a metallic taste, tingling boobs and nausea with both pregnancies, early on though and knew I was preg with ds even though the test was negative.
Dh couldn't bare to sit with me when I insisted on doing another test a week later as he thought I was just torturing myself. Imagine his surprise!! grin
Good luck - I hope you get what you want!

tummytickler Mon 13-Dec-10 16:45:41

Thanks all. It's pretty gross! It goes away briefly when I drink a hot cup of tea, but returns quickly. I do not know how to make it go away! Mints, tooth brushing, fizzy drinks, eating food - none of it is working! I do not know how much tea I can physically consume in one day - I wont sleep for a month!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: