Talk

Advanced search

metallic taste in the mouth!

(6 Posts)
tummytickler Mon 13-Dec-10 11:09:46

We are currently ttc and since yesterday I have had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. I have since read that this is a pg symptom, but I have never had it before in my previous pregnancies (I am also feeling a bit sicky and have 'full' feeling boobs,so fingers crossed for bfp!).
How many of you had a metallic taste in your mouth before your bfp? I am not due af until Saturday, so desperately trying to convince myself that I will get a bfp!

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 13-Dec-10 11:12:15

I got that taste every month when ttc, whether or not I got pg. I figured it had something to do with regular sperm intake confused. Your other symptoms sound more reliable though - good luck!!

EatingAngelPie Mon 13-Dec-10 11:20:28

Metallic taste is a symptom though everything tasting wrong is more of a symptom...

caz05 Mon 13-Dec-10 11:35:24

I had this matellic taste in my mouth before doing a positive pregnancy test. I dont remember having it with my previous pregnancy but did this time and apaprt from a late period this was the only other symptom I had. Fingers crossed for you

Dexterrocks Mon 13-Dec-10 11:40:09

It can be a sign of pregnancy but it can also be a sign of other hormonal disruptions too. I have a wonky thyroid and was in a flap several times when I was due and had a metallic taste in my mouth. Turns out it was just my thyroid acting up.
I did have a metallic taste, tingling boobs and nausea with both pregnancies, early on though and knew I was preg with ds even though the test was negative.
Dh couldn't bare to sit with me when I insisted on doing another test a week later as he thought I was just torturing myself. Imagine his surprise!! grin
Good luck - I hope you get what you want!

tummytickler Mon 13-Dec-10 16:45:41

Thanks all. It's pretty gross! It goes away briefly when I drink a hot cup of tea, but returns quickly. I do not know how to make it go away! Mints, tooth brushing, fizzy drinks, eating food - none of it is working! I do not know how much tea I can physically consume in one day - I wont sleep for a month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now