Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Convinced I'm further along?

(3 Posts)
hellview96 Mon 13-Dec-10 11:01:10

When I found out I was pregnant, I looked at the dates of my LMP and thought I was 15+5 weeks. When I went for my dating scan they told me I was only 12+6.

Then when I went for my 20 week scan the sonographer said, 'Oh the baby is measuring a little big but I will leave your due date as it is because the growth may slow down'

I didn't question this at the time (really wish I did) but lately I have been feeling bigger than I was with my last pregnancy at this stage (almost 30 weeks) so I have been looking into it and decided to measure my bump which told me I was 33cms! Which is what I would be if I went by my first LMP dates.

Has anyone else found this and been further along than they thought? I know it could just be a case of bad measuring and paranoia but it's been bugging me now!

Bobby99 Mon 13-Dec-10 11:10:01

My DD was born at 38 weeks. My MW said she didn't think my baby was early because she was so plump and not at all a wrinkly little newborn. Going on my LMP dates she would have been born at 40 weeks but my dating scan moved my due date and said I was only 10 weeks when I thought I was 12 weeks. I guess it's very difficult to know when the difference is only 2 weeks. But either way, be prepared for delivery when your dates say 40 weeks just in case your dates are more accurate than the scan dates...

hellview96 Mon 13-Dec-10 11:13:22

Thanks for your reply! I was pretty positive about the date of my LMP as it was the only one I had between the birth of my last baby and I had been breastfeeding.

Scares me to think I could be knocking off 2 weeks but at least I can be prepared for it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: