Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

15 weeks and a bit bored!

(6 Posts)
nomoreheels Sun 12-Dec-10 16:53:41

I'm not complaining, because I've been having a rotten time with work and family stuff, so I was very much due a good break... but it does feel like I've hit a weird inbetween phase where nothing much is happening.

It might be because I seem to have the second trimester "get your energy back" - I've been able to do loads more around the house, and get into christmas projects etc. I even contemplated going out dancing for a few hours with a non alcoholic cocktail!

But apart from enormous, tender boobs, a bit of a bump and needing to wear maternity jeans for comfort, my pregnancy seems pretty symptom free.

My 12 week scan was absolutely fine, my bloods came back totally normal as well. I have had no morning sickness (ever). Even the hormonal moodswings and dodgy sleeping patterns seem to have calmed down.

Am I just having a (lucky) straightforward pregnancy (for now?) hmm

brokeoven Sun 12-Dec-10 16:57:06

Sounds utter utter bliss to me, i would give absolutely ANYTHING to be in your shoes you lucky girl.

Enjoy it, im so glad you realise how lucky you are, Its lovely, really really lovely smile

nomoreheels Sun 12-Dec-10 17:19:40

Aww, thank you. I'm sorry if you're having a rotten time.

I do feel glad I'm not ill, but just wonder a bit if something's wrong! (probably not, just paranoid as this is my first P.)

LDNlady Sun 12-Dec-10 17:21:31

I am just coming up on 15 weeks and am in the same situation as you. I am having trouble sleeping but that's it. From what I've heard we should be making the most of it and trying to enjoy it as the tiredness kicks in again later along with total discomfort at night time and trouble breathing. So for now I am seriously going to enjoy it while I can and prepare the hubby for what's to come.

spikydahlia Sun 12-Dec-10 19:20:44

I would get involved in some NCT bumps and babes groups and make some mummy friends. Or use this time to do quizzes on the internet and competitions and see if you win any good stuff (I won 3 times whist pregnant and bored!!) Maybe make something for your baby and become a domestic goddess!?!?

nomoreheels Sun 12-Dec-10 22:39:06

Classes are a good idea. My hospital runs some but MW told me to check at around 20 weeks.

I made some adorable baby booties to day from vintage fabric, they're for my friend whose baby girl is due today. grin

Hadn't thought of competitions, I'll research that...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: