Talk

Advanced search

Dehydration early pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Alibobster Sat 11-Dec-10 19:28:14

I'm currently just over 7 weeks pg. It is still touch and go whether pregnancy will continue ( early scan due to previous m/c's)

The thing is I am constantly thirsty and drinking loads but don't have the need to pee. Usually it just takes one cuppa and I need to go to the loo.

Whilst not everyone has the same pregnancy symptoms, I did think that I should be peeing more frequently, not less than normal

Just worried incase this is a bad thing and wondered if anyone else had experienced same. Thanks

sotough Sat 11-Dec-10 21:11:17

not a bad thing i don't think. i get chronically dehydrated in the night during pregnancy - though unfortunately i seem to have to pee as much more even more than usual, so it's a vicious circle.

pinkclouds Sat 11-Dec-10 21:31:38

Not a bad thing at all. I get so thirsty in early pregnancy (I am now on #4). Its an all day thing with me,can't get enough to drink. It's one of the first signs for me that I am preggers and it lasts for about 8 weeks.

I think it's because you need to increase the amount of blood in your body to keep up with the growth of baby. I would take it as a positive.
Good luck.

Alibobster Sun 12-Dec-10 19:51:27

Thanks ladies for your replies. I'm not worried about drinking loads, it's more the not peeing often that's worrying me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now