Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Tell me off, just had chips.

(23 Posts)
RockLovesMincePies Sat 11-Dec-10 18:57:37

I am (as you may have noticed from my many fat related posts) always complaining about having put on oodles of weight at 33 weeks.

I can really see it in my face and on my thighs, although my arms have stayed the same.

But tonight dp suggested chips for dinner and I said yes instead of going for the salad we'd just bought. I am evil and have no will power sad.

I feel like a weeble, dammit!

LDNlady Sat 11-Dec-10 19:26:45

Sorry, no can do! I just had oven chips with curry sauce and I have the breaking strain of a kit kat! Mmmm kit kat I have hubby on his way home from work bringing me toffee popcorn so I am in no position to tell anyone off. xx

nicolamumof3 Sat 11-Dec-10 20:10:25

Fish n chips here but made me feel so so sick regretted that one

JingleJulezbooBells Sat 11-Dec-10 20:16:20

Ohh I may well send DH out for som chips for me now grin

When you are feeling as shite as you have been eat what you want!!

RockLovesMincePies Sat 11-Dec-10 21:11:33

Yeah Julez that's how I reason it lol. But it's BECAUSE I have been feeling sick (without being sick) that I've managed to put on the weight grrr.

Plus with the lying around on the sofa whinging about feeling ill, exercise has been non existant.

Although I have actually been out and about this week, rather impressed with myself.

Highlandgirl Sat 11-Dec-10 21:15:58

Just had a mars bar ice cream....!!! Yummy

bessie26 Sat 11-Dec-10 21:30:48

have the salad as well - at least you'll get some veg in you then on top of all those yummy chips! envy

cupcakebakerer Sat 11-Dec-10 21:44:59

Oh sod it - a flimsy salad isn't enough to sustain a growing baby (erm...I think). Anyhow I reckon your body must have told you what it needed!

RockLovesMincePies Sat 11-Dec-10 21:45:15

Well, I've just had some orange juice (along with my Spatone), so that's good.

I haven't eaten too badly this week though I think, two salads with fish, a pork and veg mild curry made by dp, pasta with a tomato and veg sauce made from scratch by me. Oh and a supermarket pizza...not so good lol. grin

But think dp is rootling around in the kitchen finding mince pies and mine pie ice cream. Buggeration!

RockLovesMincePies Sat 11-Dec-10 21:46:06

Mince*

JingleJulezbooBells Sat 11-Dec-10 21:46:17

I attempted to make some chips but bunrt them, had cheese and crackers and jammie dodgers instead lol

RockLovesMincePies Sat 11-Dec-10 21:50:30

Yummy Julez! I am addicted to Ritz crackers and Philadelphia cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

GlitteryBalls Sat 11-Dec-10 22:07:19

I have just had a curry and 2 magnum minis. And I also have been moaning at how much weight I have put on at 35 weeks. And I haven't been to the gym once this week. I am in no position to judge grin.

misdee Sat 11-Dec-10 22:12:04

Can't tell u off. Love food. I want chips and curry sauce

katakuri Sun 12-Dec-10 13:28:57

Now I really want some chips and curry sauce grin

RockLovesMincePies Sun 12-Dec-10 13:59:27

We have just put the Christmas tree up and we're having a roast later, I can't wait!

I'm starving as usual and I've already had lemon curd on toast for breakfast, a chocolate Hobnob and a huge bowl of rice krispies for lunch.

malteser1981 Sun 12-Dec-10 15:39:42

I'm already getting excited about the chinese takeaway I'm going to have whilst watching the x factor final tonight! Have studied the menu and decided already.............
I am a big fat (regretting it already and wishing I had stuck with salads and fruit) jabba the hut.
But I'm still having the spare ribs.

GlitteryBalls Sun 12-Dec-10 16:01:44

Is cooking excessive amounts of comfort food part of the nesting instinct? I have just had a cooking marathon as I had some veg I needed to use up. I cooked a vat of thick beany soup and a huge pasta bake that should probably serve about 20 but I expect me and dp will have our best bash at it later.... oh, and though they sound healthy they aren't really as I've used copious amounts of olive oil and cheese and they will probably be consumed with literally loaves of bread ... mmmm.... (Hurry up home from work dp angry)

TooImmature2BMum Sun 12-Dec-10 16:35:28

Have given up caring (at 28 weeks). Will do the 30 day shred post-baby. Am having roast beef with yorkshire puds and gratin dauphinoise made with double cream for dinner (and mange tout as a token gesture to healthiness). Somehow, a raspberry cheesecake had also sneaked into the fridge. I don't know how these things happen [lying emoticon]...

SoupDragon Sun 12-Dec-10 16:37:51

pah! I put on over 4 stone with DS1. it was great to have a reason to be fat. Make the most of it!

Diamondback Sun 12-Dec-10 19:21:53

Christ, I'm dying for a big fish and chip supper, but I can't get any food down me due to giant baby in my ribcage and any fatty food I do eat sets of massive heartburn!

First thing I'm doing post-childbirth is sending DH down the chippy...

RockLovesMincePies Sun 12-Dec-10 23:08:29

Diamond I feel your pain. I have to have very small portions of everything due to baby being quite high, there's just not enough space.

Hence why I tend to graze all day (probably why I eat crap) and I get horrendous heartburn no matter what I eat, It's just horrible.

Diamondback Mon 13-Dec-10 08:46:44

Yup, ate a mince pie before bed the other night and sat up till 4am glugging Gaviscon and sitting bolt upright to try to get the acid to go down! sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: