Talk

Advanced search

Stop me from googling and talk to me about large placentas

(14 Posts)
LunaticFringe Fri 10-Dec-10 19:38:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumatron Fri 10-Dec-10 19:41:42

no idea, but i'm sure if it was an issue you would be monitored. especially given your history.

LunaticFringe Fri 10-Dec-10 20:12:39

mumatron Fri 10-Dec-10 20:19:45

well, i'm sure you have nowt to worry about. when are you due to see him again?

all fine here, last day in work. 2 weeks till edd. still can't belive it if im honest!

itching still there but bile acids not gone over the magic number required for treatment. had the mysterious cosmofer. it was fine, hands were a bit battered as they could not get the canula in. iron levels still not very high though. no chance of being transferd back to mlc.

hijacked your thread there a bit! sorry blush

Lynli Fri 10-Dec-10 20:25:37

I had large placenta with DS, was told it didn't mean anything. There are conditions where it is a factor but there would be other indicators.

DS has no problems.

LunaticFringe Fri 10-Dec-10 20:36:04

Lynli Fri 10-Dec-10 20:50:54

Sorry I don't, I didn't have any so the discussion ended there.

mumatron Fri 10-Dec-10 20:54:30

yes they made a fuss, had a little cry! i'm resigned to being stuck in the consultant unit now. just a shame as the mlu has just been built and looks lovely. and i have to have a canula in so don't know if i will be able to get into the pool like i wanted.

small price to pay i suppose.

LunaticFringe Fri 10-Dec-10 21:01:29

mumatron Fri 10-Dec-10 21:05:12

i will be back over to the buns thread soon, had a bit of a rough time last week didn't feel like posting much.

one of the ladies on the dec thread lost her lo and it freaked me out.

i think i saw you post on her support thread.

shook me up as her ed was a day away from mine.

LunaticFringe Fri 10-Dec-10 21:10:22

tiredandgrumpy Sat 11-Dec-10 11:33:38

I heard that you can get a larger placenta if you're really bothered by morning sickness. As though the body builds in extra to ensure the baby continues to get enough nutrients. No big deal.

I had a large one with dd. No one commented, just pointed it out to me once I'd finally delivered it (and large dd).

idobelieveinfairies Sat 11-Dec-10 19:43:09

I had a large placenta and very chunky umbilical cord (well me plus baby did!). Midwife had to go off and get bigger scissors (or whatever they use) to cut it with. They said it was wonderfully healthy and juicy! haha

DS was a big baby and had no morning sickness what so ever ;)

Good Luck!

LunaticFringe Sat 11-Dec-10 19:50:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now