becaus ei a so hormonal and a wreak.

am tired, cant sleep.

feeling huge but am not.

achey

am 37+2.

girls arrived between 38-39 weeks.

[sobs uncontrollably at screen]

happycamel Fri 10-Dec-10 17:45:05

it's possible, but not likely, you've probably got a few days/weeks yet. But you know that. You're just fed up anyway and I don't blame you. Especially if you've got little girls to look after too.

Any chance of getting your other half or other family member or friend to do some baby sitting so you can slob out in the bath with a hot chocolate or do whatever makes you feel better?

misdee Fri 10-Dec-10 17:51:33

unfortunatly dh works the late shifts in his new job (styarted this week). but am getting the girls to bed soon-ish, or at least in their rooms, then planning a soak in the bath.

i want to get the last week of school out of the way, get the xmas plays done and dusted, then can concentrate on the holidays and having a baby with no worries about getting to school etc.

UnpureAsTheDrivenSHOW Fri 10-Dec-10 17:53:25

grin at dh works the late shift. It's just brilliant isn't it? Your marvellous dh.

Sorry, that didn't help did it?

You're going to have such a lovely Christmas.

misdee Fri 10-Dec-10 17:55:38

i know show. grin who cares thats its retail and he'll only get one day off over xmas. He is WORKING, how amazing is that!

tbhj i am struggling without him here in the evenings. am feeling a little lost. he didnt get in till midnight last night as they had to wait for someone to fix a backdoor as couldnt secure the shop at the end of the shift

misdee Mon 13-Dec-10 13:03:01

i am now begging he stays in till friday at the earliest!

bump has dropped overnight, even dd1 mentioned it this morning over breakfast. Not got as much pain in my ribs but instead am sitting down carefully as feel like i have a beachball wedged in between my hips.

dd3 play this afternoon, then two more this evening for dd1+2. then one tomorrow and two on weds.

seeing midwife on weds

biglips Mon 13-Dec-10 13:05:52

flippin eck...didnt realised you was pg!! shock

congrats on the pg btw and i remember when i got to 36 weeks pg and wanted the pg to finished as had enough by then

misdee Mon 13-Dec-10 13:12:57

hello Biglips not 'seen' you for ages

GlitteryBalls Mon 13-Dec-10 13:19:44

I feel your pain. I am 36 weeks and I can't wait for it to engage, or just bloody come out. I actually cannot find a position to sit/lie in without it hurting it feels so squashed up in there. And I am grumpy. And I feel like I can hardly move most of the time. And I am tired. And I am still working, and whilst I get to do it sat down, sitting down isn't even that easy. And I am always hungry but I can't fit any food in. And I get heartburn 24-7. Rant rant, moan moan!

So, you have my sympathy smile.

biglips Mon 13-Dec-10 13:19:59

yeah dont really come on here much now. So this will be your 5th child, am i right? fingers cross that this one will come early like the others smile

misdee Mon 13-Dec-10 13:22:37

yes its my 5th baby, and its a boy after 4 girls!

Glitteryballs, i feel your pain. I am on a diet of Gaviscon. Its what gets me through the day. I forgot to take it with me last week to my mums, and regretted it, as my mum had the peppermint stuff in her cupboard. it was gross. i almost decided to live with the acid heartburm that day.

Alicious Mon 13-Dec-10 13:33:03

I am so with you! DS2 due on the 19th and I am so fed up with waiting-painful contractions every 10 mins every night for a week now but they go away after 2 hours or so...I have become an uncomfortable, fat, bloated, gaviscon guzzling, emotional wreck who cries watching the news!

I am NEVER NEVER EVER doing this again. Seeing doc on thursday-it can't come soon enough!

GlitteryBalls Mon 13-Dec-10 13:48:13

I've graduated on to the ranitidine - gaviscon aint even worth bothering with IMO. The dose it up to 2 a day, but last time I saw doc she said try just to limit it to one when I can - always end up having to take 2. I ran out the other day and it was a saturday - that was my whole weekend ruined! It's the reflux I can't bear even if it doesn't hurt. I will be quite happily sat on the sofa talking to dp and then without warning I am literally sick in my mouth. Lovely. x

biglips Mon 13-Dec-10 15:04:11

misdee - yay!!! a boy! grin grin

WriterofDreams Mon 13-Dec-10 15:50:40

I feel your pain misdee. I'm 38+2 today and I'm so sick of being pregnant. Plus I am absolutely dying to meet my baby. I am ridiculously hormonal and uncomfortable and it's such a pain in the ass not knowing when things are going to get moving. If I go over then I could have 4 more weeks of this <sobs>

kelly2525 Mon 13-Dec-10 15:56:23

Ooooho ive seen ranitidine mentioned, please someone reply, the only thing that works for me is zantac/ranitidine, but, some doctors are saying dont take it, as are a couple of pharmacists, but others say its fine.

Im 35+3, huge elephant feet, rotten heartburn, uncomfortable, told im having a too small baby, its crap!

Feeling your pain too girls and sorry for the hijack

WaitingForJenson Mon 13-Dec-10 20:27:32

Oh Im FEELING this!! Im 39 weeks on thursday and was told at 37 weeks not to bother booking another appt because he would be here before it came to now so spent ages trying to book an appointment today.... my little girl was 8 days early- technically 'born tomorrow' in terms of how long I have been pregnant and I am so fed up! At 37 weeks he was measuring 41 weeks and APPROX 9lbs, my daughter was only 7lb12.5 cries

GlitteryBalls Mon 13-Dec-10 20:48:44

I was first put on ranitidine when I had a vomiting virus at 28 weeks and experienced a lot of gastric pain afterwards, so they gave me it to reduce the acid and allow it to "heal". Of course I noticed that it also helped my heartburn a lot, so I asked my dr if I could carry on taking it. She said to reduce the dose to 1 a day and only take it if I really needed to - not because it was likely to cause any harm but because it is just wise to only take anything in pregnancy when it is absolutly necessary, so if you can manage without, you manage without IYSWIM? However, most days I need to take two tbh. I try to go as long as I can before I take each dose, but sometimes I'm in agony. I think heartburn is seen as one of those things you should just "put up with" in pg, but I get it really badly and find it quite draining/exhausting

GlitteryBalls Mon 13-Dec-10 20:51:03

And p.s. i am a med student and all my pharmacology textbooks say there is no evidence of harm to baby. x

LittleB Mon 13-Dec-10 21:08:57

I'm on the ranitidine too, my gp said my gaviscon intake was getting a bit high! Hes put me on 2 per day, have been on it almost 2 weeks now and I'm 38+1. I am still slugging back the gaviscon occasionally though as the ranitidine wears off!
Can't wait for my baby to arrive either, getting so uncomfortable, I'm sure hes dropped down today, and dd arrived at 39wks so hopefully this one will be here by then too, this pregnancy lark is hard work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now