Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

lower back pain at 6 weeks

(14 Posts)
AnnieDelores Thu 09-Dec-10 20:56:35

Has anyone else had lower back pain at 5.5 / 6 weeks? I've got all the usual symptoms, tender boobs, twinges in the lower abdomen, but today the back pain has kicked in. I'm concerned because I had a miscarriage before the pregnancy and had backpain three days before it started. Is back pain normal at this stage or should I be worried?

Scouseem Thu 09-Dec-10 21:14:50

Hi hun I had bad backache very early on as well and I'm now 15wks so I can be completely normal. Stay positive and hope it eases up soon. Xx

hhg Thu 09-Dec-10 21:47:07

I also have been having lower back pain (quite sore!) at 5 weeks - sure it's all normal

lilysma Fri 10-Dec-10 11:05:48

Hi, I had lower back pain and bad cramps almost continuously weeks 4-6 and was terrified (no bleeding though). From about week 7 the cramps have more or less gone and the backache comes and goes. Still scared by the backache, but I had an early scan on weds and saw a heart beat which was reassuring. From what I read, backache can be normal at this stage. Hope you can relax a bit and good luck. I guess when you have had a pregnancy loss before (as I have) you never completely relax though...

AnnieDelores Fri 10-Dec-10 12:33:50

Thanks all ......that's reassuring. Back pain has subsided but is still there today. Paracetamol and hot water bottle at the ready!

Lilysma so pleased to hear about your little heartbeat that must be amazing!

Hope you can all stay in touch ladies so we can share the highs and lows! I have my first scan on 20th December (I'm an IVF patient so get an early 7 week scan) so counting the days is tough!

Annie

Hest Mon 13-Dec-10 01:09:18

I had really bad back pain from about 5 weeks til about 10 weeks pregnant and thought it meant I may miscarry, especially as some days it was almost constant. Miscarriages do happen but backache seems quite common early on - I'm 37 weeks pregnant now! Good luck and congrats on ur pregnancy! x

natmay27 Mon 13-Dec-10 12:47:14

annie i had/have terrible back ache and sciatica...think it depends on where your uterus is! am 16 wks still get little aches and cramps too have been assured this is normal by drs and midwife, its just your insides stretching around! good luck

AnnieDelores Mon 13-Dec-10 20:49:34

Thanks Hest and natmay, that's reassuring. Its subsided now but comes and goes. No bleeding or severe cramps so everything crossed I'm ok!

preggos Mon 13-Dec-10 21:12:14

I had a bad back before I got pregnant but 6 weeks into my pregnancy all of my pain was at the very bottom of my back, right on my bones. I'm now 27 weeks and its still the same pain. My chiropractor told me that the early pain is because your body is recognising that your pregnant and is already stretching the bones to make way for the baby to be coming out. As your pregnancy progresses it may still be present but you will be more used to the pain by then so may not seem as severe.

AnnieDelores Mon 13-Dec-10 21:24:01

Yes me too preggos. Have had a bad back since lugging around camera tripods and heavy equipment - mostly in my shoulder area though. My own fault! So, probably guarenteed to get lower back pain too!

Hest Sat 18-Dec-10 19:34:42

Hi AnnieDelores, hope everything is still ok? xxx

AnnieDelores Sun 19-Dec-10 18:19:44

Hi Hest, yes thanks for asking. You must be very close to your due date by now?!Everything is still fine. I have my 7 week scan tomorrow morning which seemed to take forever to arrive! I'm fretting that all will be ok and its not a missed miscarriage!

Symptoms have subsided now - just get the odd twinge in my nipples and get hungry early in the morning. Bloating is a nightmare.....can hardly fit into my jeans. No one warned me I'd get so fat this soon!

How are you feeling?

mrsfazruns Sun 17-May-15 12:00:07

Has anyone else had low back pain .... Like AF pains x

GotTheKey Sun 17-May-15 16:08:24

Yes I had them from before I found out I was pregnant (thought it was my period on its way) until about 7 weeks. It was quite painful at times! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now