Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

sorry discharge advice required - 11 weeks

(15 Posts)
katherine2008 Thu 09-Dec-10 10:04:28

Hi, I'm 11 weeks roughly and have noticed a brown discharge this morning. I have had some pains during pregnancy but quite mild. I'm going to see the doctor, but has anyone had a similar experience without it being sinister. thanks, feeling a bit lost...

crochetcircle Thu 09-Dec-10 10:12:07

You are doing the right thing - you should get it checked out, if only for reassurance. Bleeding is common in early pregnancy, but as you know it can also be a sign that something is wrong. I had some spotting with this pregnancy around 8 weeks and everything was fine.

You should be able to get some reassurance at the doctor or by going for a scan at the EPU. In my area you can just turn up at EPU if you are experiencing bleeding.

katherine2008 Thu 09-Dec-10 11:05:34

Hi, Thanks Crochet. Doc says it's normal and has booked me in at EPU for Tuesday next week...! So fingers crossed that it all settles down. At least I'm feeling less emotional now. Hang on in there Junior Katherine 2008....

katherine2008 Fri 10-Dec-10 09:23:41

oh dear have been bleeding all night, not heavily, but significant. Hospital won't see me unless I am bleeding heavily, so trying to get a private scan organised. wish me luck!

zuzkah Fri 10-Dec-10 09:59:44

Dear Katherine2008. Im 7 weeks and woke up this morning finding a big brown drop like at the start of a period. Im panicking a bit too.
I hope you will be ok and everything will be in order. Do you actually bleed red blood?
Good luck!

lilly13 Fri 10-Dec-10 10:20:53

This is totally normal as long as it does not turn into a heavy bleeding. It is caused by fetal implantation.

katherine2008 Fri 10-Dec-10 10:31:11

It started as brown then was very blood red overnight but didn't gush at all. gone brown again this morning, still have tummy cramps. Zuzkah I'm sure you will be fine, but I now have a private appointment booked for 1pm (the hospital won't see me til Tuesday) so I will let you know how I go. Best advice is to put feet up and try to relax. Thanks Lilly for the info - I have everything crossed but just have this odd feeling that it's not good news for me.

midori1999 Fri 10-Dec-10 11:36:01

I hope everything's ok. My friend had bleeding in pregnancy that started off brown then got bright red. She was a little earlier than you, but she said it was as heavy as a period.

She's now almost 20 weeks and all is fine.

Eglu Fri 10-Dec-10 11:41:41

Hope everything goes okay at your scan. I think it's appalling that the hospital won't see you.

katherine2008 Fri 10-Dec-10 16:49:58

unfortunately little embryo was about 4 weeks smaller than it should have been and showed no heart beat so we are waiting for nature to take its course. good luck Zuzkah - I have a good feeling for you, so take good care. x

banana87 Fri 10-Dec-10 18:55:59

So sorry Katherine2008.

MrsB33 Fri 10-Dec-10 19:04:47

hi katherine, im so sorry. I had a simular experience back in sept, my first pg, was 13 weeks and started with brown streaking, ended up miscarrying the following week, baby only measured 8 weeks.
Get yourself over to the miscarroage threat the ladies are there really helped me through it all.
Im so sorry your going through this, its terrible. X

katherine2008 Sat 11-Dec-10 08:56:56

thank you, it's the waiting that is so hard - no closure at all.

OctaviaOstrichJollster Sat 11-Dec-10 09:17:54

katherine so sorry to read your posts. It's such a sad time I know (have had 3 MMCs).

Look after yourself; you mention that the waiting is hard, and lack of closure; have you chosen natural over surgical for specific reasons? Have done both (and both have pros/cons), and in that you have started bleeding (even though not heavily yet) natural may allow your body to recover quicker. Get some heavy duty pads in and some strong painkillers just in case they are needed.

Second the MC threads - very supportive.

zuzkah Sat 11-Dec-10 20:05:11

oh katherine, so sorry to hear the bad news. And how good of you to think of a stranger in such a sad time. Thank you. I am calmer now, if it is going to happen it's going to happen. Everything happens for a reason. Good luck with the recovery.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: