Talk

Advanced search

waiting, worrying, think I'm 6 weeks gone

(3 Posts)
firsttimer10 Mon 06-Dec-10 20:26:08

unplanned pregnancy, found out nearly two weeks ago. no longer in stable relationship. in final year of my degree. history of recurrent miscarriage, can't seem to make it past 10 weeks but, and I know this sounds awful, I didn't want to be pregnant then, so it was a guilt ridden sense of relief as well as sad and all kinds of feelings. I want to be a mum and I feel ready emotionally. I am not ready financially. I don't have my own home. I share with a housemate, no room for a baby, my room is a box room. I have no savings, in fact I have a fair bit of debt, nothing horrendous but it means I just break even each month with budgeting.... my family live on the other side of the country and not many of my friends have children. Please tell me how I can do this? I think I'm most worried about where to live and how to get support. I will have an early scan soon.

buttonmoon78 Mon 06-Dec-10 22:22:06

Oh poor you. I'm about the same way along the line as you,though a planned baby but DH just lost his job so I understand you're confused feelings.

Don't panic. You've got time to get through your degree before you become too big and cumbersome. You might even have time to temp a bit (in which case you might even get some Maternity Allowance - do check with the website to find out how many weeks you'd need to work).

Once you're done, is there any option to move home for a few months until you get back on your feet?

If not, get yourself onto a housing list as soon as possible.

There are no reasons to rush in to anything. Take care x

buttonmoon78 Mon 06-Dec-10 22:22:37

BTW, would the father be willing to help out at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now