Talk

Advanced search

will I feel any differnt before my water break?

(10 Posts)
spaceangel1382 Sat 04-Dec-10 17:00:39

Im 40 weeks plus 5 days and feel exactly the same as I have through out my pregnancy {I can brag as I have had a really easy pregnancy}. What i wanna know is will I feel any different before my waters break? or is it like a surprise attack? grin

rubyslippers Sat 04-Dec-10 17:03:39

They may not go at all

Mine didn't with my first child - they were broken for me

Second time they broke about 10 mins before DD arrived!

Lots of luck though

SuchStuff Sat 04-Dec-10 17:15:26

I noticed the mucus plug (sorry if tmi) had gone and then about an hour later, my waters partly broke. Other than that, I didn't feel any different for a good few hours. HTH!

LadyViper Sat 04-Dec-10 17:17:03

I was 39+2 and had no idea, I went for a wee and when I finished it carried on coming! I was a bit confused until I realised it was my waters. My contractions started 5 hours later.

AnyFuleSno Sat 04-Dec-10 17:18:24

no, there's no real warning, unless you're lucky enough to feel a 'pop' before the gush but by then it's really too late to do anything about it

greentig3r Sat 04-Dec-10 17:26:25

Mine went at 40+6. I had nesting urges and quite a lot of energy for a couple of days before. Also got quite emotional about little things. But it was quite a surprise when they went, and I couldn't believe how much fluid there would be- it just kept coming. Anyway, it was 6 hours till contractions started and another 25 hours till DS was born, but only 3/4 hours of hard labour. Good luck with everything.

amerryscot Sat 04-Dec-10 17:28:03

Most waters break at the very end of the first stage of labour.

If they do break before, the only feeling you will have of needing to moving on practicalities. You won't feel differently until contractions start.

AllOverIt Sat 04-Dec-10 17:28:58

With DS, my plug came out in the bath (though I didn't recognise what it was at the time).

Stood chatting to DH in the hallway and they went in a torrential gush.... DH thought it was hilarious! hmm grin

Had no clue it was about to happen, otherwise I might have stood on a easier floor to clean!

Had waters broken in hospital with DD so couldn't tell that time....

FetchezLaVache Sat 04-Dec-10 17:29:03

I felt tired and under the weather all that day, had to go to bed and watch crap on tv, then got sudden urge to go to the loo. As I'd felt great prior to that, I assumed the tiredness was a sign, but I suppose it's different for everyone anyway!

spaceangel1382 Sat 04-Dec-10 21:23:05

Fetchezlavache I've been watching crap tv since maternity leave started, must have been in labour for past 6 weeks lol. Thanks for all ur stories ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now