Talk

Advanced search

nursing bra or not?

(6 Posts)
anne74 Fri 03-Dec-10 21:28:23

Am 32 weeks tomorrow and have been bursting out of my bras for weeks now. I've already bought new bras once in the pregnancy but I really can't manage with these ones any longer. The problem I have is that I had breast surgery 10 years ago which means that there is a possibility that I won't physically be able to breastfeed. I'm working with an infant feeding advisor and she hasn't ruled it out and has said that I won't really know for sure until the time comes.

So my question is, do I buy nursing bras tomorrow or not? I'm going to Bravissimo for a fitting and have already gone from 30F to 34G but I'm expecting to be measured at least at 36H.

If I'm not buying a nursing bra then I will probably only buy 1 or 2 to get me through the next few weeks but I'd rather not have to buy more new ones in 4-6 weeks time as they're so expensive.

What would you do?

trixie123 Fri 03-Dec-10 21:38:37

why don't you buy cheaper ones until you know? Mothercare does them, as do all the usual suspects, M&S etc.

anne74 Fri 03-Dec-10 21:44:39

I would but mothercare don't do my size anymore. The ones I'm wearing now are from Mothercare and I was politely told that if I got any bigger, they wouldn't be able to meet my needs! When I bought these ones, I searched and searched and it's really difficult at this size. Also nothing at this size is particularly cheap so I'm just trying to avoid having to buy twice.

marriednotmulled Fri 03-Dec-10 22:12:25

Have a look here for discounted versions of decent bras. Cheap bras for bigger boobs tend to be a false economy and bloody uncomfortable IME.

If you get something for the band size you are now, and buy a back extender to cover the next few weeks, then you should get a bit more wear out of it afterwards.

EenyMeenyMaya Sun 05-Dec-10 09:09:43

Ebay?

anne74 Sun 05-Dec-10 10:36:30

Went to Bravissimo yesterday and was measured as 36H as expected and she fitted me with a couple of non-nursing bras which she felt would give me room for more growth in the next few weeks. She did say that she would recommend that I go back 2 weeks before my due date if possible to be refitted. I plan to wear the new bra for a few hours with the labels on just in case it doesn't fit comfortably.

We'll see what the next few weeks hold. Thanks for your advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now