Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

baby hiccups.

(11 Posts)
lilmamma Fri 03-Dec-10 17:56:05

Does anyone elses baby get hiccups,well thats what we think they are,he goes on for about 10mins,just doing tiny little jumps. its lovely to feel.x

mumatron Fri 03-Dec-10 18:03:49

yes, twice a day atm.

not much fun at 4 am though hmm

t'is lovely to feel though.

sleepingin Fri 03-Dec-10 18:10:01

It I'd lovely, but I agree not at 4am, which is when DD's hiccups tend to begin!

ecuse Fri 03-Dec-10 18:54:44

When did you start feeling said hiccups? I'm 20 weeks now and can distinguish between kicks/punches and more general wriggles, but not sure I've ever felt a hiccup. Sounds very, very cute, though!

mumatron Fri 03-Dec-10 19:33:05

escuse i have been feeling hiccups since about 26 weeks iirc. but this is my 3rd dc, so wouldn't be suprised if you didn't feel anything like it for a while yet.

also depends how lo is lying. if she is posterior i hardly feel a them but when she has her back down my side i can feel everything!

FoxyRevenger Fri 03-Dec-10 21:02:23

Oh, I had this all the time. Maybe 5, 6 times a day every day.

She is now six months old and I had to get up with her at 4am this morning as she had the hiccups...

She still gets them loads.

Gripe water is the thing, cures them instantly (when the baby is actually here obviously)

JeelyPiece Sat 04-Dec-10 08:42:55

How can you tell the difference between a hiccup and a swift kick? confused

Could see DH's hand moving on my bump last night (am 25 weeks) with a series of sharpish movements, could that have been hiccups or would you not feel/see those from the outside?

Guacamohohohole Sat 04-Dec-10 08:46:56

My baby had them all the time when I was pregnant, he continued to get them all the time after he was born too, until about 16 weeks old! We have so many videos of him hiccupping!

Poppet45 Sat 04-Dec-10 18:57:36

Jeelypiece - a hiccup is the same movement, small and jerky, repeated over and over again, and it really does feel like your bump has hiccups.
Oh gosh I miss my hiccupy bump... he's currently trundling around upstairs with his toy wheelybug while his dad runs his bath.

Kiki84 Sat 04-Dec-10 19:57:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chloejp91 Sun 05-Dec-10 04:17:24

Arr the hiccups. He gets them everyday. Sometimes it's cute other times it's just plain annoying, it's like "ahh mummy's trying to sleep sweetie" bless him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: