Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just want to stay in

(5 Posts)
sleepingin Fri 03-Dec-10 15:41:58

Given the snow has meant cancelling our original plans to visit my parents this weekend I was looking forward to having a quiet weekend and maybe even beginning to sort out the spare room which is to become DD's nursery when she arrives in Feb.

Trouble is DH has other ideas. A good friend of ours is having a birthday party tonight- I'd originally said I couldn't go due to visit to parents. He also wants us to go to a gig with some friends at our local tomorrow night.

Neither is particularly arduous but I am knackered (29 weeks- bloom over). DH has been incredibly supportive over my pregnancy but when I told him I didn't want to go out tonight he accused me of 'feeling sorry for myself', and pointed out it was my choice to get pg when I said going to the pub wasn't something I fancied doing this weekend. He reckons I should make the most of being able to go out without planning babysitters etc.

Is he right? Should I be making the most of my 'freedom'? Or should I go with my gut, to avoid the pub and icy walk there, and settle down in front of the tv tonight with or without him?

Kiki84 Fri 03-Dec-10 16:00:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happycamel Fri 03-Dec-10 16:03:24

If you don't fancy it then let him go on his own. A lads night out won't do him any harm. Don't make him stay in for you; he'll just resent it.

Have a lovely girlie evening, bath, hot chocolate, crap telly etc and relax. Then you'll feel more up for doing things the rest of the weekend. If you're tired now you'll just be miserable and achy when you're out, sleep in tomorrow and achieve nothing this weekend.

Making the most of your freedom isn't just about partying. I always rest on a Friday night now and have a nice lie in on a Saturday morning after a long week at work. It means we can be awake, happy and out and about the rest of the weekend.

Good point about walking on ice too.

lucielooo Fri 03-Dec-10 16:13:32

Could you compromise and stay in tonight, rest, relax early night etc and then you might feel more like going to your local tomorrow night? Perhaps what DP means is that he would like to make the most of the two of you being able to go out together without arranging a babysitter, but it's important you take care of yourself and there's really no point going if you don't feel like as you'll only have a crap time!

sleepingin Fri 03-Dec-10 16:24:25

Thanks girls. Just so knackered. I think you're right about telling him to have a night out. It's one of his university friends' birthdays. A lovely, lovely guy who I'm sure would probably tell me off for venturing out in the ice! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: