Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Aqua natal classes

(7 Posts)
whostolemyname Fri 03-Dec-10 12:39:04

Hello
Im looking for aquanatal classes in the winchester/southampton/eastleigh area, does anyone know of any? Google is not proving successful! The only one i can find is at romsey rapids but because I cant get to that one because of work.

Thank you!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Dec-10 13:26:18

whostole does your MW have any information she could let you have?

whostolemyname Fri 03-Dec-10 13:40:05

She just said they werent allowed to advertise so couldnt tell me!

TwinkleToes76 Fri 03-Dec-10 13:46:14

According to aquanatal.co.uk there is a class at The Bitterne Leisure Centre in Southampton - and their website says there is an aqua natal class at 8pm on Thursdays at the Quays Swimming & Diving Complex, 27 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1BA. See www.activenation.org.uk/bitterne-leisure-centre.as px

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Dec-10 13:47:13

That's a bit crap. When I was having DC1 the MW ran the aquanatal classes so always gave out the information. With DC2 the MW had stopped running the classes and I had to phone the pools directly to find out.

If you go to any groups for Mums and Mums-to-Be, like the ones the NCT run, they are usually a great place to find out what's going on in your area.

happycamel Fri 03-Dec-10 16:07:08

I looked at the websites of all the local leisure centres to find one. My friend went along to it (I was still only 10 weeks then and she's 12 weeks ahead).

She said someone with morning sickness threw up in the pool so they all had to get out and the pool was closed for the day! Has put me off - haven't gone yet and I'm 22 weeks now.

whostolemyname Fri 03-Dec-10 16:11:27

ew happy camel thats horrible! Thank you everyone, especially twinkletoes that sounds perfect!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: