Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else had sudden sharp pains in side?

(3 Posts)
Franimal Fri 03-Dec-10 12:14:29

Hi, I'm 10.5 wks pregnant, on Wed night, whilst getting the telephone, I experienced a very brief, sudden sharp pain, that took my breath away on the right hand side of my lower abdomen lasting about 5 secs. Then on the same evening whilst getting up from the sofa I had it again but on the other side, again sudden sharp pain lasting 5 secs. Is this normal? I don't know what to think? I don't know if it's ligaments stretching or if it's more serious. I tried calling my midwife but had no response yet...

LLKH Fri 03-Dec-10 13:32:47

Did it feel like the pain you get when you get a stitch in your side or was it more severe?

If it was a stitch-like feeling, it may well be stretching ligaments. Still, keep on trying with your midwife as they probably know best.

Franimal Fri 03-Dec-10 15:18:43

Thanks and yes, it did feel a bit like a stitch.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: