Talk

Advanced search

Aspirin and paracetamol

(7 Posts)
tlise Thu 02-Dec-10 17:44:30

I'm on a dose of Aspirin a day, and never thought to ask at the time, is it still ok to take paracetamol as well? I don't mean at the same time, but that day. I am getting a lot of backache atm but have only taken one lot just in case. Does anyone know?

happycamel Thu 02-Dec-10 18:10:06

not a clue I'm afraid. For this kind of stuff it might be a good idea to pop in to a chemist and check with the pharmacist. It would be good to be sure and they do 5 years at uni so must learn a fair amount about the medicines.

Hope your backache gets better. I've found sitting on a gym ball has helped mine no end although I've not idea why!

tlise Thu 02-Dec-10 18:23:55

Thanks! I may do that when I can get out again, not even going to attempt it atm lol.

onimolap Thu 02-Dec-10 18:29:12

Try ringing NHS Direct.

I can't see any reason at all why you can't take normal paracetamol doses in addition to (presumably low-dose prophylactic) aspirin; but if you ring NHS Direct you will know the advice comes from a medical practitioner.

goodlifemummy Thu 02-Dec-10 18:39:59

I am on 75mg aspirin daily too, and have been taking paracetamol when needed (but that hasn't been very often)

tlise Thu 02-Dec-10 18:50:57

yes it is low dose. thanks all

japhrimel Thu 02-Dec-10 19:16:43

I know when not pregnant you can take NSAIDs or aspirin alongside paracetamol. And paracetamol is generally considered fine in pregnancy, so as the aspirin is presumably doctor-okayed, it should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now