Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Aspirin and paracetamol

(7 Posts)
tlise Thu 02-Dec-10 17:44:30

I'm on a dose of Aspirin a day, and never thought to ask at the time, is it still ok to take paracetamol as well? I don't mean at the same time, but that day. I am getting a lot of backache atm but have only taken one lot just in case. Does anyone know?

happycamel Thu 02-Dec-10 18:10:06

not a clue I'm afraid. For this kind of stuff it might be a good idea to pop in to a chemist and check with the pharmacist. It would be good to be sure and they do 5 years at uni so must learn a fair amount about the medicines.

Hope your backache gets better. I've found sitting on a gym ball has helped mine no end although I've not idea why!

tlise Thu 02-Dec-10 18:23:55

Thanks! I may do that when I can get out again, not even going to attempt it atm lol.

onimolap Thu 02-Dec-10 18:29:12

Try ringing NHS Direct.

I can't see any reason at all why you can't take normal paracetamol doses in addition to (presumably low-dose prophylactic) aspirin; but if you ring NHS Direct you will know the advice comes from a medical practitioner.

goodlifemummy Thu 02-Dec-10 18:39:59

I am on 75mg aspirin daily too, and have been taking paracetamol when needed (but that hasn't been very often)

tlise Thu 02-Dec-10 18:50:57

yes it is low dose. thanks all

japhrimel Thu 02-Dec-10 19:16:43

I know when not pregnant you can take NSAIDs or aspirin alongside paracetamol. And paracetamol is generally considered fine in pregnancy, so as the aspirin is presumably doctor-okayed, it should be fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: