Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Which maternity hospital?

(7 Posts)
strumpet82 Thu 02-Dec-10 14:27:24

Is there a website or suchlike where you can find out what options for hospitals you'll be given based on your postcode?

i.e. so you can do a little research beforehand on the different places available?

me23 Thu 02-Dec-10 14:39:03

it is your right to choose whatever hospital you like no matter where it is, however some hospitals that are particulary busy may not except people out of their catchment area.
I'm not area of any website that tells you what's in catchment area. However will most likely be the hospitals closest to you.
you could try putting a new post on here stating what rough area you live in and see where women near you go?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Dec-10 14:48:02

Strumpet, not sure on which Maternity hospital you will be offered, think its up to you to choose, around here we have a choice of 3. BirthchoiceUk has all the statistics and should help you decide.

You could also see if you local nct runs some groups in your area for Mums and Mums-to-Be, they are a great place to meet people and find out which hospital has the best reputation.

Congratulations BTW smile

incyspider Thu 02-Dec-10 16:00:33

I think this might be just the website you're looking for!

www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories/Pages/ServiceSearchS corecardLocation.aspx?TreatmentID=524

Congrats!

lucielooo Thu 02-Dec-10 16:08:47

That's interesting.. my local hospital isn't listed at all! I'm in Chelmsford but it says my nearest are Braintree, Maldon and then Basildon. Shame, I'd like to know what they're like

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Dec-10 16:35:32

Lucielooo, did you have a look on the birthchoice uk site too?

thefurryone Thu 02-Dec-10 17:48:00

The hospitals in my area have their own websites with details about their maternity provision so you could try looking on there.

I just googled maternity services and the name of my town.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: