Talk

Advanced search

Hospital in Woking

(7 Posts)
ALittleLemonTwist Thu 02-Dec-10 13:44:45

Hi all

We moved to Woking a few weeks ago and just found out that I'm pregnant. As we do not know the area at all, I'm hoping to get some advice from MNers on hospital choices (will be seeing GP in a couple of weeks)I'm interested to hear good and bad expereiences!!

TIA smile

Debs3693 Thu 02-Dec-10 17:33:29

Hi Tia, I live not too far from you , on the outskirts of Guildford. Congratulations on the pregnancy btw! How far along are you?

I am 9 + 3 with my first so I have not experienced first hand the maternity hospitals but I can only share with you what I have heard.

I think the 2 options for you are St Peters in Chertsey and the Royal Surrey in Guildford. I guess it depends which side of Woking you are on to say which is closest to you.

St Peters doesn't have such a good rep as Royal Surrey but that said, I am not sure why and I am fairly sure you will find others who can say good or bad about both. I have been an inpatient in both (for asthma) and preferred Royal Surrey, parking at St Peters is a pain and they have changed visiting hours and reduced them right back but that mint not apply to maternity.

On reflection i am not sure I am helping you much! But i can maybe help on more general Woking and surrounding area advice? Sorry!

Debs xx

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 02-Dec-10 17:37:22

I had DD2 at St Peters in April this year. It was okay. Not fantastic to be honest, extremely busy maternity ward, not given an epidural due to short staff numbers, horrible midwife who delivered her. But the positive were good post natal midwives, a great breastfeeding counsellor and a quick discharge.

mummycooper Thu 02-Dec-10 18:05:40

hey there, my husband is from Woking :-)he lives in n.ireland now but we go over as much as we can to see his family, Goldsworth Park to be exact, im due in July and cant wait. Hope you get sorted ok for picking hospitals, i had 3 to choose from round my area and chose Craigavon area hospital, they have good maternity ward there, lots of private rooms and big pool for water births so sounded appealing.

Good Luck with Everything xxx

ALittleLemonTwist Thu 02-Dec-10 19:28:25

Thanks for all your replies ladies! Am leaning towards Royal Surrey

shreddiey Sun 05-Dec-10 21:45:03

Royal Surrey excellent

OrangeChicken Sun 05-Dec-10 22:00:52

St Peters! We had our child there 2.5 years ago and have another DC due in the New Year and will be going to St Peters again - never any doubt in my mind about that. Royal Surrey I have no experience of but it is almost as near but St Peters in my experience had a fantastic set of midwives, consultants etc. After the birth I had a private room and they let me keep my own food in their fridge, brought me what I needed when I wanted it on demand. Everybody was so so friendly and professional. Apparently the delivery suites have just been upgraded too so all the suites have their own en suite toilets etc which I think will make it an even better maternity unit.
You have moved to a very lucky area for maternity facilities and indeed for toddler groups, schools etc. Good news!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now