Talk

Advanced search

Smart maternity trousers

(8 Posts)
MrsAnnaBanana Thu 02-Dec-10 10:24:41

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a decent pair of smart maternity trousers to wear in the office? I'm struggling to find anything that isn't made of synthetic fabric - I bought a pair from dorothy perkins which I think look cheap and aren't hugely comfortable to wear(shiny and cling to my legs with static). Don't mind a bit of synthetic fabric, but a mix with wool or cotton would be nice! Beginning to struggle with normal trousers plus bump band, and it's a bit cold for dresses!

Thank you!

jasmine51 Thu 02-Dec-10 11:00:12

I'm watching this thread with anticipation - i have been having the same problem. Next work trousers are rubbish, Mothercare ditto. I'm off to Debenhams tomorrow to try there but there is also a boutique 'bumps' shop in Oxford that I'm pinning my hopes on. If no joy there, then I wonder if there are any patterns available for a dressmaker to make some up? Expensive but might be an option for decent looking ones?

pinkpeony Thu 02-Dec-10 11:12:28

The best ones I got were from Blossom Mother & Child (online) straight leg black trousers, pricey but still wearing them in my 2nd pregnancy, really comfy and don't look cheap in office - so worth the expense for me. Also got a pair at Isabella Oliver (black Garbo trousers), which aren't as comfy but not bad. Got a pair of tailored black trousers at Seraphine as well which are 50/50 wool/synthetic mix but quite thin fabric so can't really wear them anymore in this cold. All are under-bump, which I prefer. I am quite small and could only find ones at these places that fit right and don't fall off! Have been wearing them since about 20 weeks and still fit at 32 weeks.

crazybutterflylady Thu 02-Dec-10 11:14:36

Hi anna
I was struggling too and found some in Gap. They are actually quite flattering too...!

There aren't many stores which stock maternity and even then they tend to only have a few sizes (although they do have various leg lengths), and annoyingly you can't buy maternity online for some reason, but it's well worth popping in to see what you can find.

Apparently Next are quite good too, although most stores don't have them instore and you have to order them to come into the store or for home delivery...

Good luck!

JBrd Thu 02-Dec-10 11:32:29

Jojomamanbebe and Carve Maternity do work trousers, too. Also might be worth checking Asos, H&M or French Connection?

crazybutterflylady Thu 02-Dec-10 11:33:55

Oh yes, ASOS sell french connection maternity and they have some nice trousers in at the moment.

Boo81 Thu 02-Dec-10 11:38:23

I got a nice pair from Crave

http://www.cravematernity.co.uk/products/Neo-Black -Pull-on-Trouser.html

Also got the matching jacket that ties at the front and it looks really smart.

John Lewis stock Crave

MrsAnnaBanana Thu 02-Dec-10 12:48:32

Thanks everyone! pinkpeony - the Blossom Mother and Child ones look amazing, but my budget won't stretch that far! Think I'll order some from Seraphine and see how I get on with those!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now