Talk

Advanced search

Wind (burp)

(3 Posts)
itisntreallyme Wed 01-Dec-10 18:50:46

I'm 9 weeks and recently have been getting this terrible trapped wind in my chest or wherever it is. It feels like this lump in my throat and I just can't burp it out. It was bothering me all last night (when I woke in the night as well) and is starting again now. Does anyone else have this? And what can I do to shift it? Or not get it in the first place?

jellyhead188 Wed 01-Dec-10 19:25:03

I had that all the way to about 17 weeks (sorry!), I think its indigestion, the only thing that helped me slightly was sucking crumbly mints! It was oen of the first signs of pregnancy for me.

happycamel Wed 01-Dec-10 20:39:04

I had that too and about the same number of weeks. Antacids (or gaviscon) sorted me out. Just check with the pharmacist or on the back of the pack but I think they're all okay no matter how many weeks you are.

Try cutting down on spicy and acidic food (especially citrus fruit and apples) too and see if that helps. I ate a lot of toast, crumpets and hula hoops in my first trimester. I got my vit c etc from veg rather than fruit or fruit juice - it just seemed to help.

I've been back on a "normal" diet since about 14 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now