Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

14 weeks and feeling a bit miserable

(3 Posts)
nomoreheels Wed 01-Dec-10 14:55:49

I'm thousands of miles away from DP, in another country for my grandmother's funeral, which starts today.

Today is also my birthday.

I flew over 7000 miles and travelled for over 17 hours to get here - I was a wreck when I arrived as energy has been a big problem. I'm worried about the flight home now.

I'm starting to feel fat, my jeans are getting very snug now and I don't have any maternity clothes yet.

I'm off work with stress and nearly cracked this week from all the pressure of trying to deal with that and family issues relating to the funeral, plus wanting to leave but feeling trapped because we would be screwed financially if I walked.

On top of that, all the random pregnancy hormone moodswings make me cry all the time.

It's bloody hard at the moment!

(On the plus side, my mum now knows about my work/cracking situation after I had a meltdown the other day and is going to see how she can help me out so I can quit... so I am very relieved that there might be light at the end of the tunnel even though I don't like accepting financial help. But I am still feeling pretty fragile and it will take a while for me to get better.)

I don't know what I would do without Mumsnet, it really does help me to just read about everyone's situations and know you're not alone.

1Catherine1 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:16:45

aww nomoreheels, I hope you are feeling better soon. Happy Birthday! Make it a special one to remember for the right reasons not as the birthday you were really unhappy on.

I'm glad your mum is able and willing to help you and I hope you can get back home with your family or loved ones soon. You sound dreadfully unhappy. I hope you can phone your DP this evening just to cheer you up.

<sending virtual mumsnet hugs> x

nomoreheels Wed 01-Dec-10 16:52:57

Thanks. smile It helped to sound off too, sometimes you just have to get it all out!

I've spotted lots of nice birthday messages on facebook as well from all my friends back home, which helps.

Won't be able to talk to DP due to the timing of the funeral and we're 5 hours behind here, but that's ok. I get lots of emails from him.

The job situation is the absolute worst thing, so knowing that I now have help to make sure I never have to go back to that viper's nest from hell is a wonderful thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: