Talk

Advanced search

Trying to find out if I'm pregnant & snowed in!

(28 Posts)
lilacblossom Wed 01-Dec-10 13:24:11

Hi everyone,
Is anyone in the same position as me? I've done 3 inconclusive tests (ie very faint line comes up just after the alloted time you're supposed to wait), now I'm snowed in and can't get to the shops to get another test! Have ordered some off ebay but not here yet! Getting increasingly frustrated as I'm pretty sure I am - 2 days late (unusual for me)- had symptoms. I just want to know for sure and need some moral support! Thanks.

sparklytoes Wed 01-Dec-10 13:31:53

Am I right in thinking that a line (however faint) would only appear if the test could detect the pregnancy hormone (you can get false negative but not false positives I think)? If so, it sounds like you are!

OnlyWantsOne Wed 01-Dec-10 13:33:42

oh thats rubbish for you, I would think that if there is a line, then its a positive, but if its after the time specified perhaps you should wait and see, hard I know.

Tentative congratulations though

lilacblossom Wed 01-Dec-10 13:34:45

Yes, I think you are right, sparklytoes, but for some reason I'm not convinced...it just seems a bit vague. I'll just have to sit it out till those tests arrive and I get a definite, definite positive...

lilacblossom Wed 01-Dec-10 13:35:23

Thanks, OWO!

sparklytoes Wed 01-Dec-10 13:38:38

Fingers crossed smile.

OnlyWantsOne Wed 01-Dec-10 13:39:25

is there no where in walking distance you could get one from?

JoEW Wed 01-Dec-10 13:56:11

If you've had a very faint line three times I bet you are pregnant. Fingers crossed! Very unlikely that you would get any sort of line on all three tests and I had a very faint line when I first tested (before I was due to get my period) and I'm 20 weeks now!

sh77 Wed 01-Dec-10 14:11:21

Oh gosh I would be sooooo anxious to run and get a test! I tested before my period (2 days before) and got the faintest line. It didn't get strong until 4 days after period. Sounds like there is a good chance!

Please update us.

AlpinePony Wed 01-Dec-10 14:36:00

Er... if you're snowed in how do you expect the postman to get there? Or are you actually not snowed in? hmm

lilacblossom Wed 01-Dec-10 15:15:18

I'm snowed in in the sense that there are no buses running and I haven't got a car, and unfortunately no shops withing walking distance. Postman is battling his way through though! Hopefully won't have to keep you in suspense for much longer...I will definitely keep you posted! Feel rubbish so I must be, I think...
Thanks for the moral support!

nancy10 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:30:23

You probably are pregnant! smile and the longer you're stuck in for, the further along you'll be if you're definately pregnant. I did a test and it came up negative, a few hours later I looked at it again and saw a line. It was barely visible and I could only see it in certain lights. The next day I did a digital CB one and it came up positive 1-2 weeks (Now 18 weeks!). I know outside the time scale it is possible for it to be an evaporation line but to have 3 tests, all with evaporation lines just outside the alloted time would be unlikely! How exciting! smile

thefurryone Wed 01-Dec-10 16:38:18

I posted on here when I got a faint line and the consensus was that I was actually pregnant, I'm now 19 weeks.

Congratulations smile

P.S. I did still do another though just to check!

lilacblossom Wed 01-Dec-10 16:42:15

Yes, I'll do another as soon as I get the chance...am getting excited now, especially as it was the first attempt, so to speak. And I don't think DH realised we were 'trying' ... am a bit worried about telling him - he will be shocked!

lilacblossom Sun 05-Dec-10 08:20:31

Just to let you know I tested again yesterday and I'm definitely pregnant! Thanks for all your moral support. Fingers crossed now for the next few weeks. Thanks again.

fallingandlaughing Sun 05-Dec-10 09:06:49

Congratulations!

sparklytoes Sun 05-Dec-10 10:30:51

Congratulations! Have you worked out how far along you are?

sh77 Sun 05-Dec-10 10:32:40

Wooohooo was looking out for this thread! Good luck. x

snowangels1 Sun 05-Dec-10 11:07:22

great news I was just about to add that my GP told me that if there's a line, no matter how faint, it mean you're pregnant. It can't show up at all if you're not IYKWIM.

lilacblossom Sun 05-Dec-10 12:20:59

Thanks for the congrats! I'm nearly 5 weeks, sparklytoes, so still a long way to go! xx

sparklytoes Sun 05-Dec-10 15:50:36

I'm only one week ahead of you lilacblossom, it still feels really unreal! I'm waiting on my midwife appt, its all like a different world as this is my first smile. Good luck! x

lilacblossom Sun 05-Dec-10 17:56:40

Ahh, sparklytoes, your first! It's so exciting! I had a MC first time round, second time resulted in DS now aged 17 months and here we go again! All the best for your pregnancy - enjoy it! I'm going to look for a thread due in August/end July(?) so might see you again there xxxx

buttonmoon78 Sun 05-Dec-10 23:11:57

There's a nice thread called 'due July 2011' in ante-natal clubs. Everyone there's very nice!

Congratulations - look forward to seeing you there...

nancy10 Mon 06-Dec-10 09:40:57

Congratulations!

lilacblossom Mon 06-Dec-10 10:53:04

Thanks for the tip buttonmoon and thanks for the congrats nancy! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now