Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sorry - TMI! Waters?

(9 Posts)
GlitteryBalls Wed 01-Dec-10 12:55:59

Today and yesterday I have noticed that I have been very "damp". So much so, that the cotton gusset part of my knickers has been completely wet trhough a couple of times. I'm pretty sure it's not wee, there is no smell at all, and it's not creamy or bloody or anything - just clear fluid. Never so much that it has gushed or even trickled out that I have noticed at the time. Can you "leak" fluid without your waters actually going? And is it anything to worry about at this stage? I am 34 weeks today. I have midwife this afternoon luckliy so will ask her, but was wondering if anyone else has had the same?

OnlyWantsOne Wed 01-Dec-10 12:57:29

thats what Ive had, im due today - the MW at the hospital says it sounds like a show... but ask your MW good luck

ItsJustMyOpinion Wed 01-Dec-10 12:58:20

I doubt its anything to worry about. You will no when your waters break, trust me! if you are concerned, wear tena pads and chat to your midwife

japhrimel Wed 01-Dec-10 13:00:02

Actually ItsJustMyOpinion, that's completely incorrect.

Yes, you can leak waters. And yes, this is soemthing to worry about at your stage. You need to be checked out today.

EmmieA Wed 01-Dec-10 13:07:08

I have had that today and due on saturday, but I have been a bit like that for a few months. I did have a bit of a gush (nice) but then noithiing so assume it isn't.

GlitteryBalls Wed 01-Dec-10 13:09:53

Ok thanks. I will speak to midwife. Also, I have had very loose bowels this morning, sorry I really am sharing today! This might not sound like anything remarkable, but I have been CONSTANTLY constipated through my entire pg so is very unsual for me. That can be a sign can't it? No contractions, bloody shows or anything like that though. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and MW can put my mind at rest!

OnlyWantsOne Wed 01-Dec-10 13:34:51

You need to make sure you speak to her about all of this - and take care, its slippy icey outside!! let us know how you get on

GlitteryBalls Wed 01-Dec-10 15:40:08

It's fine everyone! She says it is just normal discharge (yum!) and that it often increases quite dramatically and gets more watery at this stage of pg. How lovely! Looks like I'll have to invest in a box of bodyform... It would only be cause for concern if it was actually noticeably trickling/gushing out!

Everything else is looking good too - so feel nice and relaxed. It's a nice feeling when you've had a MW's apt and everything is fine and normal isn't it? x

Thanks everyone! x

OnlyWantsOne Wed 01-Dec-10 17:52:43

glad to hear it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: