Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

waters going ?

(8 Posts)
lilmamma Wed 01-Dec-10 09:44:55

My dd is nearly 37 weeks,yesterday while in the shower she felt a pop and said some water came away.she had mild back ache and under her bump.

we had an appointment with the midwife,later on,so waited till we got there.my dd is 17,and whether she was panicking or not,she seemed pretty cool,she told me not to mention what had gone on.

The two midwifes were examing her,as the baby is so high up and all on her right side under her ribs,one thought,th baby might be breech,she kept getting tightenings,so they had to keep stopping.

I asked the midwife to come outside,and mentioned what had gone on as i was starting to panic a bit,but told her not to mention i had said anything,said we were arranging for the breathing classes for the next day.
The midwife asked my daughter,while feeling her stomach,if she had lost any water as she was getting these mini contractions and she said yes phew !!

So now she has to wear a liner and if it gets damp and doesnt dry we have to go back.we are there today later on for relaxation classes,labour stuff and trying the birthing ball etc.

So after all that does anyone think maybe labour is about to start,or maybe its just braxton hicks,but what about the water ? her tummy kept going tight all last night on and off and the baby was active kicking really hard..

just wondering if anyone went through anything similar,and didnt start labour until their actual date,thanks for any advice.I have had 4 children,but never experienced anything like this.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-Dec-10 10:01:03

Sorry no experience as DC1 MW had broke waters and DC2 was born in hers.

Just wanted to say good luck. Keep an eye on her as if her waters have broken she will need a close eye kept on her by the MWs and hopefully someone with experience will be along soon.

goodlifemummy Wed 01-Dec-10 10:31:58

Sounds like her waters have gone, am a bit jealous! A pop...water leaking out...tightenings...sounds like labour to me!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-Dec-10 16:31:00

How's she getting on now lil?

lilmamma Thu 02-Dec-10 08:36:23

No change,we went for the class yesterday,and they just said the same to keep a liner on,she has no pain or anything.I went to work last night and when i got back,she said the pad was a bit wet,i was askin is it damp or wet and could it be wee ?

So really sure what is going on,will check her today before i go to work,im back for 5,so if still leaking will take her down and they can examine her,dont want to have a dry birth.

She is so relaxed over the whole thing,dont know if this is making me panic more lol. Thanks for asking jiltedjohnsjulie,love the name by the way lol.

LittleB Thu 02-Dec-10 11:45:54

My waters started leaking at 38wks, just slight discharge, and I was having mild contractions, the hospital did a swab to confirm that it was my waters and then sent me home with disposable thermometers to check my temperature every 4 hrs, to check for risk of infection.
They then induced me to speed everything up 2 days later as my waters had been leaking for a couple of days and the contractions weren't doing much. They also gave me and dd antibiotics because the waters had been leaking. I would raise it with the midwives again as its sounds to me like her waters are leaking and they'll want to speed her up if things don't happen naturally soon as theres a risk of infection.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Dec-10 14:38:49

If the pad is damp the waters are leaking, its easy to mistake leaking waters for wee though. Sounds like you are doing the right thing in taking her down.

Like LittleB says they should be keeping an eye on her due to the risk of infection.

Hope all goes well tonight, don't forget your camera and snow shovel smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 04-Dec-10 16:32:20

any news yet lil?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: