Talk

Advanced search

First time mom

(6 Posts)
nitsaw Wed 01-Dec-10 00:08:55

Hey! I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Preparing for my baby to arrive in Jan'11. Need advice on baby detergents to be used for washing baby clothes. Should I use regular persil high performance that I use for my clothes or is there any special product you guys re planning on using. Read persil sensitive is good for babies and eco store is good as well. Any suggestions here? What are you guys planning to do? Thanks

Miffster Wed 01-Dec-10 04:31:49

I'm planning on not spamming forums with Persil ads, myself. Are you UK-based?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-Dec-10 08:14:40

I've always use non-biological for our clothes and really glad I did as when DC arrived he was sensitive to almost everything. Had to use cotton wool and water instead of baby wipes. No shampoo or soaps etc.

Find a good non-bio and stick with it. Dreft is good and Sainsburys are good. Persil fades your clothes too quickly for me.

nitsaw Thu 02-Dec-10 14:09:28

Thanks. I'm from NZ, don't think we get dreft here.

eeyore2 Thu 02-Dec-10 17:13:03

Assuming you aren't just trying to do some marketing for Persil and actually want to know - you should use a 'sensitive' type of pretty much any brand. They usually have a picture of a baby on them. Bio is not good for small babies. Also I wouldn't use fabric softener for a small baby.

missp2010 Thu 02-Dec-10 19:15:50

Wow, some critical replies.....

I find fairy non-bio is good. DD sometimes has a small amount of eczema and this seems to be the best washing powder for preventing flare ups. I second what eeyore said and wouldn't use fabric conditioner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now