Talk

Advanced search

Horrible backache at 40+3 - please help!

(5 Posts)
Kittykatzen Tue 30-Nov-10 21:15:21

Hello all

Am 40+3 today in my first pregnancy. For the last week have been having some pain in my back, around the middle and on the right side but only when walking around. Today this has got MUCH worse and I have been having virtually constant horrible pain, again on the right and in the middle of my back.

No show, no contractions, nothing else to suggest labour. Saw my midwife yesterday and all ok, and the pain isn't in gallbladder/liver distribution so I don't think that's an issue either. Baby was left occipitolateral so not perfect position but not too bad either.

Any thoughts - especially from those who have had "backache labours"? Should I just have a bath and try to get comfy?

Thanks!

fidelma Tue 30-Nov-10 22:19:51

You could be in slow labour.It doesn't sound very nice I would see your MW tomorrow.

poppy283 Wed 01-Dec-10 08:12:41

the day before I went into labour I had horrible backache, I could only sit on upright chairs, the sofa was agony! that must have been 40+3, then in the morning my waters broke - good luck

WalkTheDog Wed 01-Dec-10 14:09:16

warm bath, hot water bottle, gentle back exercises all might give you a little relief, but might be early labour and baby will relief that!

BertieBasset Wed 01-Dec-10 20:43:13

I had this with a back to back baby, agree could be early labour.

The only relief I found was a deep bath, or kneeling on my front, head down, bottom in the air. Tres elegant smile

Oh and try a birthing ball if you have one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now