Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I'm having a boy!!!!

(14 Posts)
youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 17:23:48

I am so happy, I want to shout it from the rooftops. I had my 20 week scan yesterday, the baby appears healthy, I feel fine and DH is over the moon. I feel so lucky and already a bit besotted with my little son, who keeps kicking .

I predict a severe case of PFBititis when he arrives. I wonder if it is the hormones that make me feel so elated already? [does yet another happy dance around the bedroom]

whomovedmychocolate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:26:16

Oh well done. I have one of both, boys are much easier.

Now go post the scan pictures on Facebook, you know you want to.

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 17:34:12

whomovedmychocolate, I really couldn't post them of Facebook. I don't know why, but the thought of even sharing my pregnancy news on there fills me with dread. I realise that is weird, especially as I keep staring at the scan pictures and have already objectively decided that my little son looks gorgeous, if a little grainy wink.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:35:13

grin

Oh dear, oh dear, you've got it bad.

Don't worry it wears off after the first year or so. grin

Smiler80 Tue 30-Nov-10 17:52:24

Congratulations youngblowfish! It must be so very exciting to find out the sex of your baby.

(I am only 8.5 weeks but am already enormously looking forward to finding out - even hoping, in vain I'm sure, that my 12 week scan might give some clues)

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 17:58:23

Smiler, our first scan did! I had it quite late (13+4) and the sonographer 'could see something between the baby's legs', but was very non-commital, for obvious reasons.

Best of luck with your little one, seeing the baby on the screen and hearing the heartbeat really is quite something . Plus, you are almost over the yucky bit of pregnancy, which I did not enjoy one bit, but managed to already forget about confused.

clarebear1 Tue 30-Nov-10 20:17:39

I found out im having a healthy boy 2 weeks ago too :-) Congrats!

StayFrosty Tue 30-Nov-10 20:21:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 20:24:26

Clarebear, best news ever, isn't it? grin Congratulations!

Disclaimer: Girls are, of course, equally delightful.

everlong Tue 30-Nov-10 20:27:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 20:37:41

StayFrosty, I have a few favourites. I am not considering anything outlandish, but wouldn't want it to be too popular either. DH has to agree as well and I suspect he thinks it is too soon to discuss it seriously. He works with sick babies, so unfortunately gets to see the ones with problems and I think he won't be certain that our son is fine until we bring him home. Morbid, I know, but also quite understandable. Besides, I am an undeterred optimist and I just don't tend to worry too much.

Spent a lot of time on flickr today looking at pictures of baby boys and feeling very soppy .

Julezboo Tue 30-Nov-10 21:58:38

ahh congrats. I am having my third boy and I am thrilled. Boys are and will always be mummys boys Lots of hugs and cuddles. they are loud though grin

melwood Thu 02-Dec-10 17:52:19

That's great news!

I have to say I also found out I'm having a boy this week and while I am excited, I had a real feeling it would be a little girl and already liked a girls name, so I kind of feel guilty because I feel like I've lost a daughter in a way which is so ridiculous!

Has anyone else felt like this?

RockChick1984 Thu 02-Dec-10 20:28:07

Melwood- that's how I felt at first, I was convinced I was having a girl and had mentally decorated her room, and planned her wardrobe so was a BIG shock to find out I'm having a boy! I'm now 25 weeks, and am over the moon about having a boy, it was just the shock at first. My husband desperately wanted a boy so his enthusiasm is very contagious, have now started buying stuff 4 him and chosen a name, so I can now talk to my baby, which really helped me to form a bond with him xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: