Talk

Advanced search

I'm having a boy!!!!

(14 Posts)
youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 17:23:48

I am so happy, I want to shout it from the rooftops. I had my 20 week scan yesterday, the baby appears healthy, I feel fine and DH is over the moon. I feel so lucky and already a bit besotted with my little son, who keeps kicking .

I predict a severe case of PFBititis when he arrives. I wonder if it is the hormones that make me feel so elated already? [does yet another happy dance around the bedroom]

whomovedmychocolate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:26:16

Oh well done. I have one of both, boys are much easier.

Now go post the scan pictures on Facebook, you know you want to.

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 17:34:12

whomovedmychocolate, I really couldn't post them of Facebook. I don't know why, but the thought of even sharing my pregnancy news on there fills me with dread. I realise that is weird, especially as I keep staring at the scan pictures and have already objectively decided that my little son looks gorgeous, if a little grainy wink.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:35:13

grin

Oh dear, oh dear, you've got it bad.

Don't worry it wears off after the first year or so. grin

Smiler80 Tue 30-Nov-10 17:52:24

Congratulations youngblowfish! It must be so very exciting to find out the sex of your baby.

(I am only 8.5 weeks but am already enormously looking forward to finding out - even hoping, in vain I'm sure, that my 12 week scan might give some clues)

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 17:58:23

Smiler, our first scan did! I had it quite late (13+4) and the sonographer 'could see something between the baby's legs', but was very non-commital, for obvious reasons.

Best of luck with your little one, seeing the baby on the screen and hearing the heartbeat really is quite something . Plus, you are almost over the yucky bit of pregnancy, which I did not enjoy one bit, but managed to already forget about confused.

clarebear1 Tue 30-Nov-10 20:17:39

I found out im having a healthy boy 2 weeks ago too :-) Congrats!

StayFrosty Tue 30-Nov-10 20:21:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 20:24:26

Clarebear, best news ever, isn't it? grin Congratulations!

Disclaimer: Girls are, of course, equally delightful.

everlong Tue 30-Nov-10 20:27:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youngblowfish Tue 30-Nov-10 20:37:41

StayFrosty, I have a few favourites. I am not considering anything outlandish, but wouldn't want it to be too popular either. DH has to agree as well and I suspect he thinks it is too soon to discuss it seriously. He works with sick babies, so unfortunately gets to see the ones with problems and I think he won't be certain that our son is fine until we bring him home. Morbid, I know, but also quite understandable. Besides, I am an undeterred optimist and I just don't tend to worry too much.

Spent a lot of time on flickr today looking at pictures of baby boys and feeling very soppy .

Julezboo Tue 30-Nov-10 21:58:38

ahh congrats. I am having my third boy and I am thrilled. Boys are and will always be mummys boys Lots of hugs and cuddles. they are loud though grin

melwood Thu 02-Dec-10 17:52:19

That's great news!

I have to say I also found out I'm having a boy this week and while I am excited, I had a real feeling it would be a little girl and already liked a girls name, so I kind of feel guilty because I feel like I've lost a daughter in a way which is so ridiculous!

Has anyone else felt like this?

RockChick1984 Thu 02-Dec-10 20:28:07

Melwood- that's how I felt at first, I was convinced I was having a girl and had mentally decorated her room, and planned her wardrobe so was a BIG shock to find out I'm having a boy! I'm now 25 weeks, and am over the moon about having a boy, it was just the shock at first. My husband desperately wanted a boy so his enthusiasm is very contagious, have now started buying stuff 4 him and chosen a name, so I can now talk to my baby, which really helped me to form a bond with him xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now