Talk

Advanced search

Big knickers....

(9 Posts)
RayeB Tue 30-Nov-10 16:48:00

Hi

I was going to buy some big knickers for after I've given birth just in case I end up having a cs or anything like that. I'm not sure what size to buy. Pre preg I'm size 16 so do you think one size up is enough or would you get 2 sizes up? I don't want them falling down! I'm thinking of cheapies from primark or tesco.

Thanks

kelly2525 Tue 30-Nov-10 22:23:07

I went 4 sizes up! Big black apple catchers from Asda, 5 packs for £4

lilmamma Wed 01-Dec-10 10:07:43

If you have a cs,i think several sizes up would be best,as theres not really that much difference going up one size..

FourEyesGood Wed 01-Dec-10 11:25:10

I've just had a CS, am a pre-pregnancy size 16 and am currently recovering in size 20 full briefs (and very sexy they are too... Along with the nursing bra, I'm a veritable goddess grin).

Mine were from Sainsburys: five pairs for a fiver. I bought two packs, but didn't really need to (there's so much washing to do with a newborn that I've got plenty of clean knickers).

Beingblonde Wed 01-Dec-10 12:24:16

Yep, I was a pre-preg 16 and after my cs wore size 20s! Mine were from Matalan. I don't know why I've written this in the past tense as am currently sporting a pair of said pants 8 weeks on... but they are very loose!!!!

smoggii Wed 01-Dec-10 13:26:26

Pre-preg 16 currently wearing size 20 (37 wks). I have found some really good quite cheap knickers from Tesco - not the cotton ones but the micro-fibre ones (cotton gusset of course!). They have loads of extra stretch and are really comfy - in fact the 18s are as comfy as he 20s.
They were £4 for a pack of 5 and are in 2 purple 2 pink and 1 black i think.

You probably won't be able to get them in the Bridgend area though, i think i've bought them all wink

smoggii Wed 01-Dec-10 13:28:43

BTW i bought a load of cotton granny pants from primark in size 20 (£3 for 5 pairs)they were really uncomfortable and have been binned - most unworn.

crumblequeen Wed 01-Dec-10 13:51:02

I have just bought my post-CS pants for use in a few weeks time! Usually size 10 and have gone for M&S basic size 14 full briefs and a pack of size 12 too for when the belly subsides a bit!

RayeB Thu 02-Dec-10 17:40:29

Brilliant - thanks for the replies, it really helps. I'll get some 20s and cheapies next time I'm out and about - if this snow ever stops!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: