Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How long did you have to wait for the mw to get in touch?

(9 Posts)
Laura05 Tue 30-Nov-10 16:05:13

i was at my GP last week as i discovered I was pregnant. I don't know for sure how far gone I am but the GP and I are guessing 5-6weeks. She told me that the midwife will be in touch with me but never said how long I would have to wait and it didn't occur to me to ask confused

JBrd Tue 30-Nov-10 16:11:26

Well, I never went to the GP, called the mw straight away when I found out. You say it's been a week since you've been to your GP, so they really should've gotten back to you since then. I'd give them a call, sometimes you just have to do that yourself, don't rely too much on the system. For example, I had to chase up the hospital for my dating scan appt...

thefurryone Tue 30-Nov-10 16:16:03

There was around a 10 day wait between me going to the GP and getting a letter from the ante-natal clinic at the hospital for my booking in appointment as that's what they do here.

Laura05 Tue 30-Nov-10 16:16:03

well that's what im waiting on - my dating scan as we don;t know for sure how far gone I am! Its my first and i'm all over the place as it is confused I have the name of my midwife so i could get in touch with her.......but i don't know my GP said she would be in touch with me??

thefurryone Tue 30-Nov-10 16:16:39

How long has it been since you saw your GP?

thefurryone Tue 30-Nov-10 16:18:23

Sorry just read your post again and saw you said last week. Perhaps give your GP surgery a call, the receptionist may be able to tell you what is normal.

Laura05 Tue 30-Nov-10 16:18:45

erm it's only been 8 days lol (i was there last monday morning)Am i just being impatient?

thefurryone Tue 30-Nov-10 16:26:46

Perhaps a little impatient but don't worry that's totally normal smile
I was constantly on the phone to my DH to find out if a hospital letter had arrived for me.

Laura05 Tue 30-Nov-10 16:28:59

i think i might wait till the end of the week then phone if i haven't heard anything smile
cheers xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: