Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Thinking of asking santa for a wii fit,,,,,,,,

(9 Posts)
Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 15:14:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GretnaGirl Tue 30-Nov-10 15:21:55

I got one after DS was born in Jan 08. I used it quite a bit while he was immobile but once he started getting around it came out much less often! It's fun and easy enough but the same willpower is required to actually get going and use it as going to a gym! I think the games have improved a lot since it first came out, the one I have has very simple step classes and yoga on it. It's good for weighing you and setting yourself little goals (or big ones) over time periods.

FindingMyMojo Tue 30-Nov-10 15:26:05

I've used mine about 4 times. I don't rate it much - the Wii is great for iplayer though

minibmw2010 Tue 30-Nov-10 15:26:23

I have asked Santa for one of these as well .. my gym doesn't have a creche anymore so it'll be my only opportunity for exercise (bar walking).

goodlifemummy Tue 30-Nov-10 16:17:02

We have bought our twins a wii for Crimbo and quite fancy getting the Michael Jackson Experience for my workouts, looks much more fun!

spaceal Tue 30-Nov-10 16:17:03

Before getting pregnant, I used my Wii Fit pretty regularly for about six months and lost getting on for 2 stone. Mostly I did running, step, boxing and a bit of yoga but also used to vary occasionally with some of the odder exercises (like cycling and skateboarding). I lost loads more weight doing Wii Fit than seeing a personal trainer at the gym. Strange but true.

Fitting in 30/40 mins here or there did seem much easier then than going to the gym. Not sure whether that'll still be case with a little one, but at least it doesn't mean having to leave the house.

I'd definitely recommend it.

LisasCat Tue 30-Nov-10 16:36:00

I recently got mine, although the motivation is waining as pregnancy gets worse. But on the plus side, DD of 3 also loves it, and plays several of the games with me. Even DP joins in when it's set up and ready (would never get it out on his own though).

I'd say yes, but make it as easy to turn on as possible (have the balance board quickly accessible, not tucked in a cupboard, and the console plugged in and ready to go).

Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 17:09:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

taintedsnow Tue 30-Nov-10 17:41:10

The Wii Fit is fun, but not a very good workout. You can't link together all the exercises, so it's very stop/start. If you want a halfway decent workout with the Wii, get Just Dance/Just Dance 2, etc, something like that.

goodlifemummy, the Michael Jackson game is winging it's way to my house this Christmas, courtesy of a lovely relative of mine. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: