Talk

Advanced search

Feeling yuck and panicking yet again.

(13 Posts)
Rocklover Tue 30-Nov-10 14:04:13

I am so, so fed up, I want this bloody pregnancy over and done with. Feeling sick (as usual) and have tummy ache with horrible gurgling wind (ibs) and I have to take dd to her swimming lesson in an hour or so.

This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to drive 8 miles to get to the pool and I have to go no matter how crap I feel because she absolutely loves her lessons. I let her down 3 weeks ago as I felt so ill I couldn't get her there and I refuse to do that again as she was really upset.

So I am sat here panicking, which is making me feel a thousand times worse. Having ibs and being emetophobic is really not a good combination in pregnancy, especially since I am still getting the nausea at 31 weeks. I can't wait til the end of Jan for this little one to be out, sleepless nights will be so much easier than constantly feeling ill.

Sorry for moaning, rant over.

SerenaJoy Tue 30-Nov-10 14:12:50

You poor thing, that sounds horrible. Sounds like you could do with putting your feet up for a bit - is there someone else that could take your DD to her lesson?

I'm only 11 weeks with my first so I'm struggling a bit with morning sickness, it sucks but I've only had 6 weeks of it - can't imagine how shite it must be to still have it at 31 weeks (not to mention IBS and emetophobia!) You have my sympathy.

If you really have to go could you suck on a mint or a boiled sweetie while you drive?

Rocklover Tue 30-Nov-10 14:25:26

Hi Serena, no there is no-one else who can help out. I live 200 miles away from my family and dp is at work and doesn't drive.

I can cope with pretty much anything except feeling sick, yet I get lots of upset tummies because of my ibs ect. I can handle coughs, colds, headaches etc no problem, but I virtually never get any of those sorts of illnesses, whereas dd and dp seem to have cold after cold.

I wish I was braver than I am.

SerenaJoy Tue 30-Nov-10 14:33:54

I dunno you sound pretty brave to me - coping with the nightmare combination of nausea/IBS/emetophobia for 31 weeks, while looking after your DD!

Not sure I could do that.

Rocklover Tue 30-Nov-10 19:23:43

It's surprising what one can do in times of adversity. Anyway, despite my whinging on here, I managed to take dd swimming and I survived.

Now feeling sick though because I had too much salad dressing on my dinner, it was quite acidic and now my tummy is burning. Nice!

Julezboo Tue 30-Nov-10 19:58:43

No advice just wanted to pop in and wave and let you know you are not alone.

How are you iron levels? Mine were pretty low so on iron tablets as of today but still vomiting, tis yucky

SPD and Shoulder blade pain to go with it.

I hit my breaking point last night and cried, shouted and snotted all over DH. Felt better for it

Rocklover Tue 30-Nov-10 22:34:09

My iron levels are shit. I phoned the dr today and asked for different iron tablets as I have not been able to take the full dose of the ones I was prescribed, they really made my ibs play up. So we'll see how these new ones go.

Poor you that you're still vomiting, I am lucky that I have not thrown up, just had the constant nausea and tummy upsets instead. Although sometimes I feel so sick I wish I could puke, despite my emetophobia!

I am getting days where the nausea is only very low in the background which is great, but weekends I always feel awful. I am presuming that is psychological.

I really hope you feel better soon Julez, how far along are you now?

SerenaJoy Tue 30-Nov-10 22:39:06

Sorry just came back to this - glad you made it to swimming, well done you. I think I'd have curled up in a ball and cried, but I guess you can't really do that when you've got other DCs to think about (can you tell this is my first?!). Hope the next few weeks pass as quickly as possible for you.

Julezboo Wed 01-Dec-10 06:35:31

Im 29 weeks now Rock. Delivery is booked in for 38 weeks ELCS. I am actually counting down the days.

I hope today is a better day for you. I have to go into town today. I dont want to. And I have to go alone

RockLovesMincePies Wed 01-Dec-10 12:37:54

Thanks Serena, hope things go well with the rest of your pregnancy.

Not far behind me then Julez, I'm just about 32 weeks now (I think, I can never remember). I hope it's not snowy where you are, if it is be careful walking around town.

I have to stay in today, apart from the school run , as I'm waiting for shopping to be delivered, so a great excuse to lounge on the sofa in the warm grin.

It's Rocklover here by the way, I have changed my MN name for Christmas [saddo emoticon].

JingleJulezbooBells Wed 01-Dec-10 20:44:42

No snow here yet grin I had to get a camel costume for DS2

RockLovesMincePies Wed 01-Dec-10 22:36:26

Yay, you've got a Christmas name too Julez. Where on earth do you get a bloody camel costume from??

JingleJulezbooBells Thu 02-Dec-10 11:15:18

lol local fancy dress shop, Paid bloody £15 for it though! But I cant sit still long enough to sew/mak one due to back pain/rib flare!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now