Talk

Advanced search

Not felt baby move at almost 18 weeks.

(14 Posts)
TotorosOcarina Tue 30-Nov-10 11:12:25

4th pregnancy, felt others around 14 weeks.

Around that time i thought i felt a few flutters, but am almost 18 weeks now (thurs) and not felt anything significant.

No rolls or movements, nothing. Am feeling a bit worried.

GretnaGirl Tue 30-Nov-10 11:16:26

Can you contact MW and ask for a check up to see if she can hear the heartbeat? I'm 20 weeks and only just feeling the odd flutter but not much (this is my second) My MW had me in for a listen to put my mind at rest 2 weeks ago.
baby could just be lying in a position that means you can't feel movement yet.

sloathy Tue 30-Nov-10 12:25:02

You might have an anterior placenta this time which might mean you feel less movement than before. But agree with Gretna that if it would put your mind at rest ask your MW for a check up so you can hear the heartbeat. Did your MW listen to the heartbeat at your 16 week checkup?

Amberc Tue 30-Nov-10 12:26:25

I didn't feel anything at all until more than 20 weeks. Agree baby's position and position of placenta can mask movement.

frakkinup Tue 30-Nov-10 12:39:58

I wouldn't worry just yet - I have an anterior placenta and felt absolutely nothing until about a week ago at 19 weeks. Baby seems to have shifted a bit and in certain positions it's much more obvious now but still nothig like the karate sessions some people are describing.

TotorosOcarina Tue 30-Nov-10 12:59:04

I think you might be right about the placenta as I had a dooppler and with all my other found the HB really quick - I haven't been able to find it this time and have had a scan at 14 weeks so know he is safe in there.

ragged Tue 30-Nov-10 13:01:05

4th pregnancy I wasn't sure I could feel bubs until +22 wks. He's was fine, too.

cupcakebakerer Tue 30-Nov-10 20:41:48

I posted the same thing at 18 weeks. I have an anterior placenta and think that was masking movement. Kicks started at about 19 weeks but only a few a day (20 weeks now). I had none of these flutters though that everyone talks about! I'm sure it will be fine.

sophielouise Tue 30-Nov-10 21:47:21

Hi there - don't worry I'm sure its the placenta - I didn't feel mine until 22 weeks and then it was kicks straight away. If you look in your notes it should tell you the position of the placenta. I expect you feel worried because it's so different to your other experiences.

bessie26 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:59:18

if you're worried go see your MW & she will let you listen to HB to put your mind at rest smile

Think it was about 22wks I felt DD move. I'm now 20wks & felt first movements at the weekend.

No doubt they will be kicking the hell out of our innards in a few weeks time & we can meet again to moan about them! grin

TotorosOcarnina Sun 05-Dec-10 17:59:51

Hi,

just a quick update to say felt the baby move a few times today, so am happy!

[fsmaile]

TotorosOcarnina Sun 05-Dec-10 18:00:05

smile even!

MumNWLondon Sun 05-Dec-10 19:21:35

I had an anterior placenta with DC3 and felt much less movement the whole way along. Days and days of feeling nothing..... all was fine though. Ask at scan where the placenta is then if you feel less movement later on you wont be so worried?

Alii Sun 05-Dec-10 19:24:01

I'm 17 wks pregnant and wondering when my baby will hear my voice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now