Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Cannot believe DH.....

(13 Posts)
goodlifemummy Tue 30-Nov-10 05:22:51

It might just be me, but I really don't think so....

Yesterday we were given (to borrow) a moses basket for new arrival, due in just under 3 weeks. Its in the lounge at the moment, have taken all covers and sheets off to wash etc. Come downstairs this morning (he isn't up yet) to find his outdoors jacket - which he SMOKES in all evening is bundled up inside it, on the mattress shock

Number one I can't believe he thinks this is ok

Number two he could have hung the coat up for once

Number three we have to give the basket back

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

He is giving up smoking, he did the day our twins were born but won't tell me when (poor lamb feels the pressure too much then) but I think this incident is just too much hmm Really want to shout and rave, but think that peaceful what the hell did you think you were doing will have too do.

Or is it me?

ChippingIn Tue 30-Nov-10 05:31:51

Nope - it's not just you. I would have gone batshit at him had he been awake! I would be getting more wound up all the time I was waiting for him to wake up too.

However, I am very anti-smoking - so wouldn't be living with him anyway!

How long did he stop smoking for when the twins were born?

Is it permanent this time?

If you put the bassinet outside (watch for snow!!) the cold crisp air will get rid of the stench pretty quickly.

Oh - but just to let you know - it isn't morning yet - it's still nightime! (well presuming you are in the UK!)

frakkinup Tue 30-Nov-10 05:47:54

Not you. Air it out quick!

goodlifemummy Tue 30-Nov-10 06:05:20

I didn't think it was me!! He stopped smoking the day the twins were born, then lost his job when they were 8 weeks old, started smoking again when they were about 9 months old. He gave up again, but started again in April when we found out about no3 - very unplanned! For him its all stress-related. I hate the fact that he smokes. He stinks.

I know its early, but couldn't sleep - very sore throat and heating making too much noise and generally being uncomfortable!!

ChippingIn Tue 30-Nov-10 06:33:21

It's good he gave up for a decent amount of time before - hopefully he can be made encouraged to make it permanent this time!

Tell him he needs to find another way to release the stress - get him a stress ball for Christmas!

lilmamma Tue 30-Nov-10 08:54:29

aagghhh i would have flung the coat down the garden,i hate smoke and the smell its just horrible..

thefurryone Tue 30-Nov-10 11:21:06

I'd have been really annoyed too.

Regarding his smoking has he thought about trying hypnosis. It worked for me as it gave me the courage of my convictions when I knew that I really wanted to give up. It was reasonably expensive but then so are cigarettes so I reckon I broke even within a month.

Pink10 Tue 30-Nov-10 12:19:39

I'd of been livid and woken him up to let him know this!

I understand how difficult giving-up smoking is I gave-up when I found out I was pregnant. However the NHS quit smoking groups are excellent and he can be given patches, inhalators to help him and as he's obviously not pregnant can be put on Champix which seems to have excellent results.

Amberc Tue 30-Nov-10 12:28:32

Febreze! My OH gave up smoking when we found out we were expecting twins. He used accupuncture and swore by it.

goodlifemummy Tue 30-Nov-10 16:10:53

So, turns out he did it on purpose - to stop the cat lying in it all night. Didn't think to take it up to the nursery, or put it in the conservatoire. Was very calm when I asked him about it and said it was unacceptable, in manner of Jo Frost. What a muppet!

ChippingIn Tue 30-Nov-10 17:04:32

Admirable that he thought about the cat - fecking stupid not to think about the smoke... the smoke being much worse for the baby!

Also, don't use febreze (etc) not good for the baby either - just stick it outside in this weather and it will soon be fresh - then you can put it somewhere lovely and warm.

Has he said if he intends giving up 'for good' this time?

goodlifemummy Tue 30-Nov-10 17:28:47

No I have aired it outside, don't like chemicals. If he starts smoking again, I will be witholding certain priviledges. That should work!!

ChippingIn Tue 30-Nov-10 18:11:04

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: