Talk

Advanced search

change of mood at 37+2

(5 Posts)
rudbekia Mon 29-Nov-10 16:49:02

this might sound like an odd question, but seeing as this is my first i need all the advice i can!

i have been pretty 'blissed out' for most of this pregnancy and enjoyed being generally more laid back.

however, over th past 24hrs there has been a distinct change in my moods - i am tetchy, irritable and really don't want to be touched, at all, anywhere! it might just be one of those things, but did anyone else notice a change towards the end of their pregnancy? its like having bad PMT!!!!!!!!

glitterjo Mon 29-Nov-10 16:55:43

oh my god, yes, it's one of the things I just posted about wondering if I was about to go into labour. Feels just like PMT. I am a total teenager.

Though I do feel a bit less grumpy today, the whole weekend I felt really moody and petulant.

rudbekia Mon 29-Nov-10 16:58:47

haha! love it! i'm not quite at the stroppy teenager stage (yet...!) i just feel very on edge. its the whole not wanting to be touched which is odd - i normally love a good hug/backrub etc but the thought literally makes my skin crawl...

Maitri Mon 29-Nov-10 22:07:21

I was only reading about this a few days ago.
http://www.parentingscience.com/Stress-hormones-du ring-pregnancy.html

I remembered feeling exactly like this in my other two pregnancies and thought I'd ready myself in preparation for the final few weeks of this one. It seems that there's a "spike" in cortisol (stress) levels towards the end of the third trimester and it's specifically designed to help us get through labour. Hope this helps! (Oh, and good luck!)

rudbekia Tue 30-Nov-10 08:58:34

Maitri - thanks for this. its reassuring to know its not just me going a bit loopy on the hormones and there is a good 'reason' for it. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now