Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Breastfeeding book

(4 Posts)
SVH78 Mon 29-Nov-10 16:46:06

Can anyone recommend a good breastfeeding book for first time parents please?

Miffster Mon 29-Nov-10 18:17:10

My doula has lent me Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Breastdfeeding and although I've not had baby yet, I think it is well-writte, and thorough and thoughtful with lots of advice and tips. Ina May is a bit of a legend, a US midwife of huge experience, very woman-centric

Miffster Mon 29-Nov-10 18:18:36

Available on amazon - check the reviews

perfectstorm Mon 29-Nov-10 23:42:19

I thought they were all crap, tbh, and I have a library (severe tongue tie and wasn't cut early enough). The best advice is freely available on Kellymom and via Jack Newman. Though I have also heard good things about Ina May.

There is also a brilliant clinic in Oxford at the John Radcliffe if you have real problems and are anywhere near.

The main thing is to get the latch right, and you need to recognise the gape to do that. An actual person helps a lot more there than any book.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: