Talk

Advanced search

33 weeks and bleeding

(6 Posts)
sotough Sun 28-Nov-10 17:29:39

two days ago i had a very active day, with a lot of walking uphill, dragging a heavy suitcase etc etc. i felt very happy, well and fit but that evening i had a very small bleed - just pink tinges when i wiped. i was shocked and rang the maternity unit who suggested i get checked over just in case. baby's heartbeat was monitored for half an hour and was fine. they had a look at my cervix and could see a very small blood clot on it. i was told it was almost certainly nothing to worry about but this is a very special pregnancy for us (we had four consecutive first trimester miscarriages) and i've worried the whole way through anyway!
has anyone else experienced a bit of bleeding in third trimester after a heavy day/a lot of exercise? i'm wondering if that's what caused it.
i still have some very slight brown spotting and just wish it would stop and go away sad

mosschops30 Sun 28-Nov-10 17:33:40

i has bleeding with ds1 at 31 weeks. Was checked over and everything was fine.
ds1 was born 11 weeks later safely and was absolutely fine.

It is/was very scary, but try and relax now theyve told you all is ok. If you are still worrying tomorrow go back to the unit and ask to have another ctg trace done to put your mind at rest

neverknowinglyunderdressed Sun 28-Nov-10 17:37:56

I bled a little, think I was about 4 months pg after a day of too much walking. Rested up after that! Twins born healthy at 37 weeks! Hopefully you will be fine, but try to rest as much as poss from now on.

nancydrewrockinaroundxmastree Sun 28-Nov-10 17:42:59

I bled heavily at 36 weeks with DD as a result of which I was immediately induced. I was scanned and there was no sign of an abruption which I think was the primary concern but equally they couldn't see any reason fo the bleeding so at 36 weeks it was considered that the baby was better out than in.

I think the fact that they have identified the cause of the bleeding is very reassuring - try not to worry.

Marrow Sun 28-Nov-10 18:53:18

I bled three weeks ago at 29 weeks and also lost my mucous plug. I was advised to go in and was on monitor for half an hour and baby was happy. They checked my cervix which was closed snd were happy for me to go home. I carried on spotting for a few more days but it has now all stopped and everything seems fine.

sotough Sun 28-Nov-10 19:05:42

thanks for these reassuring stories. it just came out of the blue and was such a surprise. it may be my body's way of telling me to slow down a bit...which is difficult with a very energetic three year old DS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now